Video: 10 minutes of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s beta

Monday, 23rd April 2012 17:20 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s closed beta is now live. Head in for 10 minutes of HD gameplay from the test, put together by VG247 video editor Sam Clay.

Plus subs and other code junkies are playing this now, and play will stay open until May 2.

Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners and Future Soldier 360 pre-orderers all have access.

The maps are Pipeline and Mill. The current play mode is Conflict, with an additional mode, Saboteur, being added on Thursday.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled to release PS3 and Xbox 360 in May and will land on PC June 15.

1. Charlie Sheen

y u dlte ma commnts on fb

2. Gigabomber

4 player party limit when there are 8 players per team is killing it. They did it to try and make it balanced, but it makes it even more difficult to get my friends to buy it.

3. Sam Clay

I just don’t understand it’s pace. It’s not Ghost Recon as you know it.

4. Shonak

Love the feel of the game. But – gadget overload, lots of bugs, definitely problems in the pace… aw, I will buy it but probably mostly play singleplayer or Coop, if there’s any.

5. Maximum Payne

@4 There is guerilla mode for coop (horde mode) and whole campaign is playable in coop.
    @3 This is like second reboot (first is advanced warfighter) so not sure what GR…

6. Sam Clay

@5 I guess that kind of makes sense. But then surely Tom Clancy isn’t one to go running around aimlessly on a battlefield, not to say I’ve ever spoken/met the guy.

7. DSB

@6 Well, the man IS a Republican.

I’d give it a 50/50 shot. The only thing holding him back would be his huge disdain for the Russians, who also like to run around aimlessly on the battlefield.

For the record though, Tom Clancy hasn’t worked on any of these games for a very long time. I’d venture to say a decade. It’s purely a brand name.

You can pretty much tell. The reason why Tom Clancy stands out, is because he understands military capabilities and tactics, and that allows him to take his stories right up to the edge of believablity. He never truly leaves the realm of possibility, even if he does stretch it good.

It’s safe to say that Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon crossed that line ages ago.

8. Shonak

@5: Thanks, good to know. Horde Mode doesn’t interest me much in Ghost Recon, that’s what Halo, CoD and especially GoW are for. But Campaign sounds sweet.

I played a few rounds later the day and Sam is absolutely right with the personality problem. It’s so much like a Ghost Recon but it plays like a Gears of War. I really hope other gamemodes are more satisfying than Conflict, it’s just too much random bullshit going on, much like CoD or BF. Not Ghost Recon 2 that I adored on XBl (good times).