RedLynx: 100,000 players flood Trials Evolution servers, posts highest grossing XBLA day-one sales

Friday, 20th April 2012 18:48 GMT By Johnny Cullen

At least 100,000 players were attempting to access Trials Evolution’s online servers at launch on Wednesday, developer RedLynx has said. That resulted in issues regarding multiplayer ranks and leaderboards. Its said in a tweet, however, that Microsoft has added new hardware that fixes the problems. Trials Evolution, according to Microsoft, has set a record for the highest grossing day-one sales in Xbox Live Arcade history. No figures were provided.

This shouldn’t be too much of a surprise, mind: the game is pretty much amazing. Watch why here.

1. Golden

None of my times were posted to the leaderboard on the day/evening of release, but to be honest who cares because I got to have another shot at them. Which is a marked difference to the ME3 patch that wiped my game play data such as kills, this just annoyed the hell out of me.

Does anyone know if ME3 is stable again?

2. Stephany Nunneley

Post updated with new information and moved up.

3. albo88

this game is good but to be honest if you look around on internet for flash games u will not miss that much

4. DarkElfa

Fuck Redlynx for abandoning it’s PC playerbase that made Trials what it is.

5. Hunam

lol

6. Charlie Sheen

@4 u mad bro

7. Hunam

I think about 12 people bought Trials 2. Those 12 people are fucking furious.

8. absolutezero

I guess this is just like the dota craze in that its flown right over my head.

This is just Happy Wheels and that Spongebob game but serious and with leaderboards or something?

9. Da Man

I’m an oldschool gamer, and a true hardcore nerd. So I know that of course the original Trials was the best (I’ve read it on the internet). All these consolized versions are mediocre at best.

And anyway this game sucks. No story. Soulless protagonist. It’s just the same Trials HD. Crappy NFS engine (1995 PC game).

I’d rather play Road Rash.

This is not a serious game for serious gamers.

10. ManuOtaku

Well i have not touch the multiplayer yet, i want to end first the singleplayer part, and for what iam seeing it will last a long time, some tracks are very difficult IMHO, now having said that i want to try the tracks created by some players, at least i will try this prior the multiplayer.

This is a great game, for me is the only arcade tittle that can be labeled as a system seller, really people should buy a 360 just to play this game IMHO.