Diablo III’s Monk featured in latest spotlight video, beta ends May 1

Tuesday, 17th April 2012 17:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blizzard has released a new class video, this time it delves into what make the Monk so special. These reclusive, holy warriors have been honing their bodies for years in order to become “weapons of righteousness” to become a weapon “of the gods themselves.” You can find out more on the Monk class below. Blizzard has also announced the beta will end on May 1 to prepare for the game’s launch on May 15.

1. DSB

I was thinking monk or demon hunter, now I’m thinking demon hunter.

2. themadjock

Wizard or Witch Doctor for me first

3. freedoms_stain

@1, I was thinking Torchlight II, still thinking Torchlight II :-P

4. DSB

@3 I can’t cure you of your sick love for papillons.

Goggleferrets all the way!

5. Maximum Payne

Witch Doctor because its most similar to Necromancer :evil laugh:

6. TheWulf

@3 – Same here! Torchlight was incredible for mods, because with mods it was undoubtedly one of the best Diablo-alikes I’ve ever played, including the Diablo games themselves. Some of the dungeons designed by players were absolutely exquisite. And they’re upping the ante with TL II.

7. Erthazus

Wizard for me is 100% first then probably Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor.

8. OlderGamer

From what I have been playing(in beta) Demon Hunter has the best set of usable skills, is great solo, and has highest dps out put in groups. At least out what I have played. I have never been a barbarian fan so i haven’t tried that yet. I miss the Pally tho, and the Necro. And the Druid.

If I am being honest, I am edging my hope on tourchlight II. For me Diablo III doesn’t have the magic that kept me playing Diablo II for years.

Its not terrible. I would rate it a 7/10 thus far. And understand two things, its beta, and I haven’t sunk in tons of hours yet. So way too soon for me to say 100% its is much of anything. But DII grabed me and knocked my socks off. I couldn’t stop playing. TQ:IT did the same thing. I keep waiting for DIII to hook me, I keep forcing my self to sit down and play it.

I have the game bought already, did the wow annual pass and the got the game thrown in for free. Seemed like a killer deal at the time.

9. Gheritt White

Still a toss up between Monk and Wizard for me… will wait to see what the Wizard video looks like.

10. Greek God