Massive Attack producer to score Halo 4

Wednesday, 11th April 2012 16:49 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Microsoft’s announced that Neil Davidge, famed composer and well-known producer with Massive Attack, will score the soundtrack to Halo 4. There’s a video showing off some of the soundtrack being made at Abbey Road here. And then listen to this.

The 343 shooter releases this holiday for Xbox 360.

1. Johnny Cullen

Alright. I was already in, but now I’m even more in. Is that even more possible?

2. alterecho

I don’t know about him but the music from the first 3 Halos, by Martin O’Donnell & Michael Salvatori, were some of the best. Ever.

3. Malmer

This better than the previous Halo soundtracks, and they were great.

This isn’t healthy, being this hyped already…what to do, what to do…

4. tenthousandgothsonacid

Obviously needs the cash but it’s a shame his genius is being wasted on a ‘tard FPS

5. Da Man

A videogame is a video game is a computer toy is a tard by default.

6. manamana

No Martin O’Donnell, no appropriate Halo score. Simple as that.

7. LOLshock94

Beatles were shit and so is massive attack

8. LOLshock94

^lul i stand corrected

9. manamana

^ that example says it all. Its crap. It lacks the depth I absolutely enjoyed. If you have ever asked yourself which lame idiots are buying the Halo OSTs. Yes, one of them is me. I bought them all and one of the best is ODST imho. I absolutely have a bad feeling about whats to come …

10. Night Hunter

Neither the ViDoc nor the sample has even one tune that can match the old scores. BUT: this guy was involved with Mezzanine so I won’t write the whole thing off yet but just wait and see (or in this case listen)

11. manamana

You’re maybe right and I dont want to boil things up. Massive Attack sticks with me ever since and Mezzanine is partially gorgeous. But I also read: “Working as orchestrator and arranger on the project will be Matt Dunkley, who has helped arrange music for multiple movies including Inception, Iron Man, and The Dark Knight.”

And as it should sound engaging in marketing terms, I personally could do without him …