Wed, Apr 11, 2012 | 09:26 BST
Capcom, Namco and Sega team up for Project X Zone
That mysterious collaboration between three publishers has been revealed as 3DS title Project X Zone.
Andriasang reports early Famitsu details peg the game as a strategy RPG. Like Street Fighter x Tekken, the “x” is pronounced as “cross”.
Characters from Capcom, Namco Bandai and Sega are paired off for battles; revealed pairings are listed below.
In an interview with Famitsu, Namco Bandai’s Kensuke Tsukanaka said talks began on the game when it approached Capcom to come onboard to the project. Soon after, despite initial doubts on making a game with mixed characters, it brought in Sega.
More details are expected as Famitsu hits store shelves and subscribers, and a debut trailer is promised this month. No further release details are avilable at present.
- Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter 0)
- X and Zero (Mega Man)
- Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry)
- Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)
- Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars)
- Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter)
- Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles)
- Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA)
- Namco Bandai
- Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
- Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia)
- Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)