Shots and art galore show up for Mists of Pandaria

Tuesday, 20th March 2012 12:49 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blizzard has sent over a massive batch if screenshots and concept art for it’s World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria. As you can see by the header image, the ladies are very voluptuous and the men a bit pudgy. as yesterday Four videos were posted yesterday. Shots are being added now.

1. LOLshock94

FAPFAPFAP

2. BraveLilCrumpet

I apologize for being frank and crude but did they really have to put tits on a Panda?

3. Stephany Nunneley

In-game shots being added now.

EDIT: @2 No need to apologize. :P

4. Patrick Garratt

@2 – :D

5. DSB

After doing it to dwarves, gnomes, cows and orcs, titting up the pandas was definitely gonna happen.

Those guys need all the help they can get though. Apparently the only living thing in the world that doesn’t find pandas adorable, is the panda.

6. JonFE

@2:

Just be glad that the man-tits on that second creature (pardon my lack of WoW fantasy terminology) are not visible. At least, Ms.Panda is kind of cute, in a hairy sort of way…

7. BraveLilCrumpet

@5 – I imaged searched “tits on a cow” earlier. To my suprise I didn’t get a single picture of Jordon.

8. TheWulf

As I said elsewhere… it’d help if they actually looked like anything like pandas.

Again – what makes me sad is that the clearly have some okay art talent there, but it’s getting choked by managerial stupidity, which is the story of WoW, really.

I remember when the art lead of Diablo III quit because of managerial stupidity. He wasn’t allowed to envision things as he wanted to, and the job just got too stressful. (This is the same reason that Blizzard North left, that they felt that the corporate side was becoming too cloyingly omnipresent and stifling their creativity.)

So yeah, the Pandaren share about as many visual resemblances with pandas as tumbleweeds do with kittens. They might have had something here, but poor management at Blizzard tends to constantly leave WoW looking like shit.

And no, I’m not talking about the cartoony style. (Look at the image I linked that I say was pretty okay.) I’m a huge fan of colour and often complain about the lack of it. But WoW all too often looks like a really, eye-gougingly bad Nickelodeon cartoon. And that’s just not what I want from a game.

9. TheWulf

That’s one of the reasons I like Guild Wars 2. ArenaNet’s art management is smart enough to have the artists show actual sexual dimorphism without the easy solution of HEY LET’S SLAP TITS ON IT, BECAUSE TITS ARE WHAT DEFINE WOMEN, AMIRITE?

That’s typically Blizzard though – tits on everything.

But yes, I mentioned ArenaNet, didn’t I? Here’s what I’m talking about:

Male Charr.
    Female Charr.

And that’s how you do sexual dimorphism without resorting to ‘tits, TITS ON EVERYTHING.’

Yes. Blizzard’s approach irritates me as a more artistic type myself. Can you tell? Thank goodness I have ArenaNet to restore my sanity. :P

10. BraveLilCrumpet

@ 8 & 9

I completely agree with what you’ve both said.
    It feels very lazy and immature to present a curvy female figure with a head on it that somewhat resembles a Panda and congratulate yourself on a job well done.

I’d have more respect for them if they treated them like an animal. Kinda of going down the “Golden Compass” road with amour and perhaps different fur colours and patterns but instead we’re left with something a businessman would pick up on a Friday night.

I really hope they’ve not done the same to Diablo 3, if I see tits on a Spider then I’ll be turning off.