Jesper Kyd composing original score for Darksiders II

Friday, 2nd March 2012 21:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

THQ has announced Danish composer Jesper Kyd whose previous efforts include Assassin’s Creed and the Hitman series, will provide the original score for Darksiders II.

“It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Jesper,” said Jeremy Robins, audio director at Vigil Games. “He’s an extremely talented composer and an avid gamer, who not only created an amazing soundtrack for Darksiders II, but intuitively knew how to cater each composition to achieve maximum musical impact for players.”

As well as the game soundtrack by Jesper Kyd, the campaign score has been composed by Giles Lamb, who also composed the score for the Dead Island trailer.

Clips of Lambs’ score can be found through the YouTube videos below – both of which you have already seen. Still, just listen to them.

Also, IGN has posted a preview of the game, also with what we are assuming are new screenshots.

Darksiders II is out in June.

1. LOLshock94

he also wrote the lyrics to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNRVXR7bqg
    Forward, march!

Heyo Captain Jack
    Bring me back to the railroad track
    Give me a gun in my hand
    I want to be shooting man
    Left, right, left
    The military step
    The airforce rep
    The seventeen is the best
    Goo, left, go right, go pick up the
    step, go left, go right, go left

2. YoungZer0

@1: I guess that’s what they call a brainfart.

Good to know, if the game bombs (which is very unlikely) then we will at least have a good soundtrack.

Can’t even remember the soundtrack from the first one.

3. LOLshock94

@2 I can count to potato

4. DSB

I hope it’s more than a pretty face this time.

5. Daodan

Oh that’s good. I know him from composing some Unreal Tournament music, didn’t know he’s been so active though. Talented guy!

6. TheWulf

He’s good, but he’s no Jeremy Soule. :P

7. YoungZer0

@6: Soule is very overrated, if you ask me. If you check out his Discography you’ll see that he did more than the Elder Scroll games and none of those soundtracks were really memorable.

Whatever Jesper touches it sounds different. Just look at how the Hitman Soundtracks progressed in the passed. Or the Assassins Creed Soundtracks.

And let’s not forget the best soundtrack of them all: Freedom Fighters.

8. The_Red

It’s quite the opposite. Soule is no Jesper Kyd. His work for any Hitman or AC game has become iconic while Soule has been doing the same thing over and over again with minor changes. Of course that doesn’t mean Soule is bad but his work is gotten seriously repetitive.

9. absolutezero

Hes no Tommy Tallarico!

Ill get my coat.

10. DSB

Matt Uelmen won it for me with Diablo 2. Simply the best game soundtrack of all time.

Skyrim was awesome too though.

The only other guy I’ve bothered to learn the name of is Danny Baranowski. He’s actually one of maybe 2-3 electronic artists that I can stand, and even enjoy listening to.

11. absolutezero

No Akira Yamaoka? For shame DSB for shame.

12. YoungZer0

@11: Everybody loves Akira Yamaoka. I don’t think we need to mention him.

Any of you heard his last work sdatcher?? An Homage to Hideo Kojimas Snatcher: