Hi-Rez Studios has announced that the open beta for Tribes: Ascend will start Friday, February 24.
The free-to-play multiplayer shooter will be patched beforehand with a new game mode, four new maps, and new regions. I
“The Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta has exceeded our expectations,” said the firm’s COO Todd Harris. “Over 300,000 players participated in the closed beta and the game has improved greatly based on community feedback.
“We are now excited to launch open beta this Friday. We have expanded capacity in North America, Europe, and Australia and added new local servers to support growing communities in Brazil and Asia.”
All player progress and unlocks will be preserved with no planned character wipes.
In advance of open beta, a significant patch will be applied this week and includes the following:
- New gametype, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
- Service supporting Name Change
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.