Rovio announces Angry Birds Space for March 22 release

Friday, 17th February 2012 19:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rovio has announced Angry Birds Space and has said it will be “the biggest game launch since the original Angry Birds.”

The game will be released on mobile and its animation, retail, and publishing tie-ins will see a simultaneous launch alongside it.

It will include new characters and with physically accurate science aspects and will include slow-motion, lightspeed destruction and other new features, according to VentureBeat.

The original Angry Birds has been downloaded over 700 million times.

Watch the teaser below.

It’s out March 22.

1. Colin Gallacher

“the biggest game launch since the original Angry Birds.”

And just like that…Pat disappears :D

2. LOLshock94

Am i the only one who finds this game hard as hell? i find ninja gaiden 2 easier then that.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@3 I get stuck quite a bit sometimes. Esp with Rio. Damn monkeys. I hate those little laughing jerks. :D Although I have to say, some of the levels in Rio are a bit easy, but in seasons? OMG. Some I still can’t figure out.

4. LOLshock94

@3 im stuck on chapter 1 leve; 20…which is basicly the tutorial

5. Dannybuoy

Biggest launch since the original? Did that have a big launch? It was relatively unknown until the masses made it the poster boy it is today.

6. Moonwalker1982

The game is fun, sure…but oh my @ the ridiculous hype.

7. psxman

What’s with the Killzone picture?

8. jldoom

I honestly don’t understand the hype for this game. And I’ve actually TRIED to play it, back when I had my iPhone 4 and even now on my new Galaxy SII. Still the same boring game to me. Guess I’m in the minority like a few of you guys appear to be as well though lol.

9. GrimRita

@1 – the next time youre on the shitter – play Angry Birds and you can see why people can get addicted. But thats where the fun remains.