New Mass Effect 3 video shows off cast, confirms Jessica Chobot

Tuesday, 31st January 2012 14:10 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s released a new video of Mass Effect 3, reeling out the cast for the game. The clip features the return of Martin Sheen as Illusive Man, Seth Green as Joker, Ali Hillis as Liara and Jennifer Hale as FemShep, plus the debut of Freddie Prinze. Jr as James Vega and confirmation that IGN host Jessica Chobot will voice new character Diana Allers. Get it below the break.

The BioWare series finale launches on March 6 in the US and March 9 in Europe for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. absolutezero

ppppffff ah aha ha ha ha

2. YoungZer0

No Mark Meer? Ugh. Why?

And they could’ve used the time and showed us the ingame model of female Shepard.

3. Erthazus

IGN: 11/10

4. DSB

Hahaha, holy crap. That was some of the most grotesque, forced overselling I’ve seen yet :P

I like how Martin Sheen didn’t even care to try. That’s probably the saddest waste of a great actor since Liam Neeson in Fallout 3.

5. Phoenixblight

I can’t wait for this game. March can’t come soon enough.

6. StolenGlory

Agreed.

Personally, I reckon that they should have Claudia Black just voice every female character ever, if only because she does ‘acerbic bitch’ so very well :)

7. Ireland Michael

Ugh, really? Does BioWare have some sort of rule in their contract that *demands* that they put a derivative and uninspired “soldier” character into your party in every single game?

8. Phoenixblight

He was originally named James Sander and was a distant relative of Kahlee Sanders but they have changed his name. I am not sure if he is still tied to Kahlee, that would have been the only interesting thing about that character. I agree with you though. This is not one of the characters I will have on my team on any of my play throughs much like Jacob or Ashley.

9. DSB

@7 I was thinking the exact same thing before I got lost in the over acting.

Jacob 2.0.

At least he probably isn’t there just to check a minority box.

10. NeoSquall

That awkward moment when Seth Green looks at Tricia Helfer and says “Yes, you are.” with lavish eyes.

11. Ireland Michael

@9 Unfortunately he’s still a raging stereotype. Probably created so all the testosterone-overloaded army rejects will have a character to relate to.

You would think after Kaiden and Jacob they would have gotten the hint.

12. absolutezero

Kaiden was the submissive, effete one and Ashley was the thunderous cunt.

Jacob was wallpaper and this Johnny Vegas or whatever his stupid new name is looks even more bland.

Apparently Chobots character is an alliance news reporter and is wait for itttttt ROMANCABLE. You too can see that horrible melted plastic vaseline coated monstrosity leering out from your screen sans clothes.

13. Phoenixblight

They have the data collection to support what players are using maybe there are far more people using Jacob, Ashely or Kaidan than other party members. I just wished they would do something like Mass Effect where I can kill them off.

14. Ireland Michael

While we’re here, can someone please tell me what’s so great about Jessica Chobot? Because I don’t get it.

15. absolutezero

She plays games man, shes one of us! and a Maxim hotty!

Amoungst the many American clones of her some are more bareable than others, like I quite like Veronica Belmont but I want iJustine to burn to death.

Why do I know who these people are?

16. freedoms_stain

@14, has breasts, is involved in games industry.

17. Ireland Michael

@15 & 16 Of course, how could I be so naive? =P

I mean seriously, who cares about such frivolous things as personality and a brains when you’re a girl gamer willing to take your clothes off for the entire planet to wank off to, right?

Ugh. I can’t stand her. Her voice alone does my head in. The way she annunciates her words alone makes me want to claw through my my skull and rip my brains out.

Definitely not my idea of “attractive” either. Girl needs some meat on her bones.

18. freedoms_stain

@17, off the top of my head I’m not entirely sure who she is or what she does. I believe she works for some games media outlet (possibly IGN) and does (or did) some sort of news thingy that you could watch on the xbox dash, which I watched precisely once.

19. ManuOtaku

#17 I understand you like Meaty girls, i like also some meat in girls, but we cannot disagree that she has a beutiful face, and i dig that also, i think she is very pretty especially for a gaming chick, gaming chicks are not that beutifull, at least is not the common denominator.

20. Ireland Michael

@19 She’s still doing it. It’s still terrible.

21. Mace

I had no idea who Jessica Chobot is, and after watching this video I still had to find out that she’s supposed to be good-looking.
    But more relevantly, the new Bioware trend of including actors’ faces into their games continues to have uncanny results.

22. NeoSquall

@21 at this point I’d be happy if they put Liz Sroka’s face as Tali’s!

23. DSB

Fair must be fair though. Jacob was terrible, and I didn’t much like Not-Rex and Not-Liara-Tsoni, but the characters were easily the best thing about Mass Effect 2.

It’s a shame they weren’t treated to a better story and gameplay.

24. Ireland Michael

@19 “but we cannot disagree that she has a beutiful face”

I find her face to be the exact of that. She’s too skinny, *especially* her face. It’s all bone and angles. Now, I’m not one to judge on looks alone, but nothing about her personality or how she acts is even remotely appealing to me either.

“gaming chicks are not that beautiful.”

That’s a pretty ignorant thing to say, and pretty insulting to women in general.

25. LOLshock94

im with michael, shes ugly and annoying as fuck and needs more meat, bubbly forrr da winnzzz