Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD going digital next year

Saturday, 10th December 2011 23:44 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Boom. Tony Hawk’s said – actually genuinely said – that Tony Hawk Pro Skater will come in HD to digital platforms next year.

Speaking on the VGAs red carpet to Joystiq, Hawkman said the game would take “select” levels from the first two Pro Skater games, and include them in HD for first-half 2012.

Levels mentioned by Hawk to be included were School and Downhill.

A unveil had been initially teased earlier this week following a break this year after the shortcomings of Shred last year and Ride in 2009. It was through those failings that the series took a break.

We approve of this news. Highly. A bigger blowout is expected at the VGAs tonight. Get our liveblog of it here.

1. LOLshock94

is this the one where if you put the cheats in you get to play as the devil guy off star wars 1?

2. Johnny Cullen

Now can I get THPS3 in HD? I’d double dip the hell out of that (PS3 because of the familiarity with playing on a PS system, 360 for the cheevos)

3. Ireland Michael

ITT: People would rather rebuy the same game they played ten years ago than try something different in a genre they’ve been a fan of for years.

4. absolutezero

There is’nt anything different though. Or have I missed something?

or are you implying that fans of THPS have not played skate.?

5. Ireland Michael

@4 Neither. I was comparing the responses in this thread to the responses in the Metal Gear Rising thread.

6. OrbitMonkey

^ pfft, keep that high minded attitude when they bring killstreaks into BF4 ;-)

7. DSB

It’s gonna take a few more HD remakes failing before it slows down I reckon.

I loved Tony Hawk up until 4, but 1 is definitely not the one I’d like to come back to. It doesn’t cost a lot to make these if you do it right, so I don’t get why they don’t just release a pack of the initial games.

The first four were all brilliant skill games though.

@6 Killstreaks plus vehicles seems kinda daft :P The aircraft are supposed to support the ground troops (even though they never do). They’re definitely not going to add fewer customizations and crazy gadgets though. I’ve been cheesed by recons with drones more than once.

8. absolutezero

Rising is not the same genre either though.

2deep4me.

9. AHA-Lambda

YES! This shouldn’t ahve taken them this long to do, very smart move on activision’s part

10. Talkar

^About time they made one eh? xD

11. HeavyD-Love

Definite purchase.

12. SplatteredHouse

I really liked the look of that. The location, the geometry is very much alike and recognisable to the original, but the presentation and appearance is far above, and fits very well aesthetically, to what one might expect to see if they payed that place a visit in the real world. The animation also, is very good. :)