Zelda: Skyward Sword scores 40/40 in Famitsu

Wednesday, 16th November 2011 07:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Famitsu’s given its biggest score, 40/40, to the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, making it the 16th game in the magazine’s history to achieve the honour and the first full score this year. This is the third time in ten years a Zelda game has has been scored at 40, with Skyward Sword following Wind Waker in 2002 and Twilight Princess in 2006. In the same issue, Batman: Arkham City scored 37/40 for both PS3 and 360, and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection got 34 on PS3 and 33 on 360.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. xino

ok i think I know wtf is going on now!
    the Japanese media are giving their own copy n paste/mediocre/out dated games high and perfect scores while they give western games average score.

Anyone seen Quantum Theory score? yes the score was actually good.

they think they are so smart!

2. aseddon130

Japan are obsessed with crap like Monster Hunter which looks dated and shite, as does this Zelda game (it doesn’t interest me in the slightest)

When will they learn?

@1 they gave Quantum Theory a good score? wow. They really never played Gears Of War did they?

3. GamezIdiot

With comments like those I wish I could uninvent the internet and probably even the human race.

4. Zana

Famitsu scores are really meaningless. It would be a lot more interesting to read what the reviewers have to say…

5. kezwar

I for one do care. I agree that Famitsu scores don’t bare the same significance as they once did though. I mean they gave TP a perfect score for christ’s sake. It was awesome though, but it just felt stale to me. I’m really hoping SS feels far fresher.

6. deadstoned

Famitsu always scores Japanese games too generously. From what I’ve seen and heard Zelda: Skyward Sword is a good bordering a very good game. It defiantly isn’t however though perfect nor is it great. Too much of the game design is so dated, e.g. graphics, sound, voice acting and level design. Don’t forget that Final Fantasy XIV was never reviewed by Famitsu so that they couldn’t give it a bad score. So don’t forget their biased nature towards Japanese games and their bias against western games