The judges of the 2011 Paris Games Week Awards chose to award a tie result in the best shooter category, honouring both Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Predictably, Ubisoft nabbed several gongs on its home ground, with Kinect title Raving Rabbids: Alive and Kicking taking two awards.
EA had a good show, scoring with Mass Effect 3, the Old Republic and FIFA 12, and both Sony and Microsoft took home a prize for a platform exclusive.
Full results follow.
- Audience award – Guild Wars 2
- Game of the show – Raving Rabbids: Alive and Kicking
- Best action game – Batman Arkham City
- Best adventure game – Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
- Best shooter – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3
- Best sports game – FIFA 12
- Best racing game – Forza Motorsport 4
- Best MMO – Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Best RPG – Mass Effect 3
- Best fighter – Soul Calibur V
- Best family game – Raving Rabbids: Alive and Kicking
- Best children’s game – Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure
- Best platformer – Rayman Origins
- Best music game – Just Dance 3
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.