Silent Hill: Downpour pulled into Q2 2012 by Konami

Monday, 10th October 2011 14:33 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Konami’s confirmed to Beefjack that Silent Hill: Downpour has been pushed into next year, given a release of Q2 2012 following recent date changes on retailers, including Amazon Germany. The horror, due to come from Czech-based developer Vatra Games, was meant to release this coming winter on PS3 and 360. Read this for our interview with Vatra on the game from earlier this year.

1. YoungZer0

Am i the only one who has lost any interested, not only for this game, but all Silent Hill Games ever released?

2. K-V-C

@1 yes u are lol

3. YoungZer0

@2: lol!!!!!!

4. triggerhappy

Feck sake. Between this and MGS HD my plans have been ruined. At least there’s other games to choose from, but this still sucks.

5. Gekidami

No amount of ‘pushing back’ will make this game any better, Konami.

6. Prevailer

Konami Germany confirmed Q1 for Silent Hill: Downpour in Germany some days ago. Silent Hill HD Collection is pushed back to Q1 too! And Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is pushed back to February 2012… I’ve asked if this was a typo, but they told me, unfortunately it is not :(

Btw, Doctor Lautrec is coming on time in November ;)

7. Hunam

I think horror games tend to do better in the early winter months anyway, when it’s dark nice and early and always cold.

8. Clupula

Can they please use the extra time to find a new theme song?

9. Phoenixblight

Wow didn’t know the Silent HD was also pushed back not sure what game I will get instead. My plan was RAGE, SKyrim and SIlent Hill: Downpour, HD collection and TOR. I returned Rage in exchange for Batman. I guess it will be Batman, Skyrim and TOR. I can wait for Silent Hill more polish to both Silent Hill games.

10. osric90

Just waiting for the HD Collection with ORIGINAL VOICE ACTING, not the really LAME new voice over. Last real Silent Hill was The Room (yeah, even that one) all the rest is just some horror wannabe trend using the classic dead franchise’s name.