Diablo III closed beta footage shows wizard gameplay

Wednesday, 21st September 2011 17:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

VoodooExtreme were lucky enough to be invited to the Diablo III closed beta, like Pat, and have posted a video playthrough of its time as a wizard with the super-anticipated RPG. It’s around 50 minutes long, but you don’t have to watch the entire thing to get an idea of what to expect. Watch it below the break.

1. Xuchilbara

This is secretly Pat’s gameplay isn’t it…. :)

2. blackdreamhunk

I am debating if i should get this game or not.

3. osric90

Diablo III for consoles. Diablo I and II for Steam… or consoles too in some kind of HD Collection.

4. deathgaze

@2: Are you crazy? This is the most important thing to happen to the hack and slash RPG since the original Diablo. On top of it, it’s a freakin’ Blizzard game. Good fun guaranteed.

In other news: Where’s Pat’s write up, Steph? He’s surely finished Act I by now…

5. El_MUERkO

zzz…

6. MFBB

So looking forward to this.

Hope they manage to release it before christmas, would be nice to play this over winter.

Dark Souls, Skyrim, Diablo 3 :)

7. deathgaze

Okay, so watched about half of the video. This game POPS. The graphics look gorgeous and the game never really seems to slow down or hold you back. It just gets out of the way and seems to let you do exactly what a dungeon crawling game should – kill it and take it’s stuff.

8. OlderGamer

Maybe its just me, and this is my time watching the game in motion, but I am left feeling underwhelmed.

Can’t really put my finger on it. It looks drab graphicly, some nice effects here n there tho. And it looks a bit barren, empty. A small trickle of bads dotted with a small rush/wave here n there.

I need to look into the Skill Trees. But the skill usage I saw in that video looked boring and repetive.

DII was classic, So good I stil play these days via LAN in my home. I have high expectations for DIII. Time will tell.

But um, I think Tiitan Quest Imortal Throne looked better then that video. Also looking forward to Tourchlight II.