A lot of news came out of this weekend, largely thanks to PAX. Get your fill of soundbites within.
- The latest bit of Minecraft merchandise is socks. And that’s the explanation for the Pigtales Minecraft subdomain.
- Everyone’s talking about the XCOM booth at PAX. See why.
- There’s a rumour that Monolith Soft has an RPG on the way for the 3DS – the third in an established series. Hmm!
- Kotaku has a couple of behind-the-scenes videos from the BioShock: Infinite PAX panel. One is about voice acting and involves crying, and another on the creative process from concept art to complete.
- Noah Solis, the eight year-old who placed 48 at EVO this year, has netted a sponsorship and clothing line deal. It’s not unprecedented; remember Lil Poison?
- This comes from a retailer with no official confirmation, but apparently Batman: Arkham City will not use GFWL DRM after all.
- A bit of a Grasshopper Manufacture PAX blowout: Gamespot has a Sine More preview, while IGN has written accounts of both Sine More and Black Knight Sword.
- If some dormant website code is to be trusted, ha ha, the Zelda Symphony Orchestra may play a show in Australia.
- Did you see those Mortal Kombat retrospective clips last week? Here’s some more of them.
- Shooter specialists CAVE are keen to reach out to Western fans, but a little depressed about the Xbox 360’s chances in Japan.
- R-Type is coming to Android. Aww yiss.
- Here’s an odd trailer for Magicka – “From the Archives“. First of a series, looks like.
- Check out footage of the War of the Worlds demo playable at PAX.
Here’s an edited version of Eat Sleep Play boss David Jaffe’s PAX 2011 keynote, from which everything but the swears and most hilarious bits have been carefully excised. Thanks, Gamespot!
Today’s unrelated street art.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.