Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine demo goes up on XBL

Tuesday, 23rd August 2011 12:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

THQ’s launched a single-player demo of Warhammer 40k: Space Marine onto Xbox Live. The taster of the Relic TPS, which is currently Gold exclusive and will set you back 1.50Gb of HDD space, will let you play as Captain Titus of the Ultramarines, as you take on the Ork army and the forces of Chaos. There is also an early access PC demo available to those who are members of the Honour Guard.

Queue the demo to your 360 here.

1. Crab of Thunder

*Downloads*

2. Christopher Jack

Cool. THQ has done a shit job of marketing lately.

3. viralshag

@ Crab, if it’s bad, please stay quiet :P I’m going to DL this as soon as I get home! ;)

4. DSB

@2 Then again, what haven’t they done a shit job of lately?

Looks to me like they’re heading for bankruptcy. 1 dollar and 50 cents a share.

5. Crab of Thunder

Will do, I hope its good anyway :(

6. viralshag

Me too, dude, me too :D

7. someguy2

Having seen TotalBiscuit’s video on it yesterday, the game looks freaking awesome. I’m not a big fan of the 40k universe, I like it but I’m not up to date with the lore and I can’t wait to play this. PC demo downloading now.

8. viralshag

From all the videos I have seen of it, one thing I think can be said for it at this stage is the game seems to be very well produced. I hope that the gameplay and overall story holds up.

9. daytripper

wow the demo is brutal. the feel of the weapons is excellent.

10. DSB

It feels like a mix between Mad World and Japanese horde beat-em-ups.

It’s definitely not bad, but even the demo is pretty repetitive. Horde, rinse, repeat. For fans it’ll probably be awesome, I’m gonna wait for a price reduction.