Silent Hill on Vita will be a top-down, multiplayer experience

Wednesday, 17th August 2011 14:37 GMT By Stace Harman

News out of Konami’s gamescom presser has revealed some intriguing details about the handheld game’s key features.

Early footage of PS Vita game, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, has revealed it to be a viewed-from-above, multiplayer experience.

Joystiq has one screen of the game – shown below. It’s taken from Konami’s press conference but, frankly, it raises more questions than it answers.

In the shot, three character names can be seen on-screen: Harry, Maria and James – all from previous Silent Hill games, alongside what look like health meters.

Putting on the Cap of Speculation for a moment: the game’s title perhaps lends itself to the inclusion of previous experiences of the three protagonists, or could be could be something else entirely. Details are scarce at the moment, but hopefully more will be revealed during gamescom.

1. Blerk

Weird.

2. Xuchilbara

It’s official, Silent Hill is basically dead… This is by far the worst news to come from GamesCom :(

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Silent Hills been dead for sometime

4. Blerk

Since Silent Hill 3, to be frank. :-(

5. triggerhappy

I didn’t even like 3 :( hopefully the re-recorded dialog will help me like it a bit more when i grab this HD colection.

6. Phoenixblight

THe Only Silent Hill I did not like was Homecoming. I have enjoyed ever single Silent Hill other than Homecoming. Homecoming would have been a good stand alone game I think and didn’t need the Silent Hill title to it. WIth Konami tying Silent Hill to Homecoming they brought expectations that the game couldn’t deliver.

For Downpour I have been following it and they seem to be doing what a psychological horror is all about make weapons pointless (breakable) very limited ammo which is the opposite of Homecoming which was turn up the combat and make it an cheap scare action horror game.

7. Xuchilbara

@3&4 – I know, but I always had “hope” it’s gone now :(

8. CycloneFox

@2: So you can tell that it must be a bad game from just one screenshot? wow

I am really interested in that game. The only thing, I’m concerned about is the question, if multiplayer will be an important keyfeature, so that you can’t enjoy the game alone, because I don’t know how many of my friends will have a PSV then.

Apart from this, I played and completed every Silent Hill game like #6, from SH1 to SH Shattered Memories and even though homecoming was an entirely completely different game from SH1-3 of course, (It’s not japanese) I still enjoyed any of them and I’m really lookin foreward to future titles. Especially to downpour at the moment.^^ The developers promise a psychological horrorgame inspired by SH2, so that sounds pretty good to me.

9. Hunam

What the fuck is this shit?

10. mojo

at the first glancei thought “hey, this could be cool, like Resident Evil 1 Stlye”.
    But then someone pointed me at the healthbar.

Good Lord, y u let this happen?!

oh, and i realy enjoyed homecoming!
    haters gonna hate.