And that’s the end of another European news week. And with it, we’re near one week to gamescom. I’m pumped beyond belief for Cologne. Are you?
Just a final reminder: we’re closing our massive Battlefield 3 competition in about an hour or so. You definitely do not want to miss out on this. I mean, would you want to miss out on going to DICE in Stockholm and not play Battlefield 3? I hope not. You’ve got an hour to get your entry in.
In the meantime, the news. Here it is.
- Sony to announce Vita release date at Tokyo Game Show
So don’t expect it at gamescom, ja?
- Oddworld: Abe gets rendered in HD
- ICO novel to be published later this month
Want your fill of ICO in a book? Here you go.
- Maroon 5′s Levine suing Activision over Band Hero inclusion
Naughty, naughty Activision.
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 EU release downgraded to “early 2012″
If I was guessing person, if it’s coming in January in the US, that’ll probably mean early February in Europe.
- Quick quotes: Holiday release period for games “healthy for the industry,” says Pete Hines
Pete has a point. While it definitely has its downfalls – and make no mistake, there will be a loser because of this (Bethesda isn’t safe with this neither with RAGE) – this period is similar to the old blockbuster movie releases in the summers of past. And that’s a good thing.
- Sony: Slow 3D uptake “not a concern for us”
3D goodness for all.
- Capcom bringing SFxT, Dogma, RE: Revelations to gamescom
It’s definitely bringing a great line-up to Cologne. That said, you may want to watch the Cap lot at the show. Without giving too much away, it’s going big.
- MercurySteam CEO to give GDC Europe keynote
Hear the head of the Spanish studio describe the development on Castlevania in Cologne in a week-and-a-half.
- Minecraft hits 3 million units sold
Big up to Notch and many congrats for the game’s success.
- Report – UK game sales slump in July
Buy more games. Deus Ex should help with that later this month.
- Bastion to launch on PC on August 16
This is a pretty excellent game. You should buy it if you haven’t already, be it 360 or PC.
And that’s it. Now to finally get a harcut before Germany. At least, I hope I will before gamescom drags me down like it has all week. I should probably download the latest Brink DLC too while I’m at it. I actually might sort out a night on Brink with you guys if you’re up for it. I’ll post details on the forum if I ever get to it, and I’ll even drag Pat along as well.
Have a good weekend!