PSA: Limbo hitting Steam today for $10

Tuesday, 2nd August 2011 17:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Playdead has announced Limbo is now available on Steam for $9.99. The PC edition is the “only version of the game that runs at a full 60fps,” according to the press release. The game contains additional content hidden as a “secret” for both the PC version and the PS3 version which launched last week. Hit up the Steam link and see for yourself.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Ain’t that a bitch for PSN ($14.99) users… (not sure how much it debuted on XBL)

2. loki

fail for limbo

3. tdrules

@#1 Blame Sony’s devkit mark up and royalties.

4. Gekidami

This game isnt worth half that, honestly.

5. endgame

available to buy in 2 hours baby! :))

6. Erthazus

I’m going to try it out. People say it’s wonderful but short.

7. Gekidami

“Short” is an understatement, i beat it in under 3 hours on my first time. It also has no story whatsoever and the puzzles whilst relying on trial & error just arent difficult or all that clever.

The game feels like a very well made, extended LBP user level. This isnt worth the price they’re asking for.

8. KAP

Im a PSN user and i found playing LIMBO an amazing 3hrs. I’d rather £7.99 play 3hrs of a game with tones of originality then £39.99 for a game with none… C… of fuck it i wont even say.

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I say it’s worth $10, just not $15.

10. wishdokta

It’s worth being looked at.

11. Gekidami

^ Indeed, though you can do that for free on YouTube.

12. Dannybuoy

Don’t believe the nay sayers. This game is a delight start to finish. It’s devilishly tricky until you finally ‘get’ the puzzle. It’s dark and beautiful and I’ve had many moments when I’ve laughed out loud and said wow in amazement. It’s definitely worth the £10 I paid on PSN. Ignore the negativity and feel the Limbo love.

13. KAP

Agree. I didn’t see what the fuss was about when the Xbox community kept on about it until I actually played & completed last week, I couldn’t believe how good it was. The ending has many interpretations from many people which is astonishing in its own right. Get it, play it, love it. It’s the best advice I can possible give for those not sure on it.

14. Erthazus

Now i completely agree with Gekidami.

It’s worth only… for 2$-3$

One thing that is good about it, it’s art-style, atmosphere and nothing more. Everything what Geki said is pretty much it.

It’s probably the most overrated indie game.

15. DSB

It feels like a student project. Trial and death and that feeling of being in “limbo” is all well and good, but is it worth paying for? I don’t think so. Most of it is based on obscuring the games mechanics, and anyone can do that.

It feels a bit like Another World, which is another game I absolutely hated playing :P

It’s great with the little hidden story, but honestly, you could tell any pseudo-intellectual hipster that there was a hidden meaning to a game and they’d spend two days writing a novel about it. It’s not that great.

I think The Cat and the Coup was a lot better, and that’s free.

16. typeface

Well it’s on steam and you know that means we’re probably going to get it at a nice rate as part of steam sales. I’m sure all of us can pick it up as part of a potato sack or maybe one of their christmas indie bundles or even a daily sale (if you’ve noticed several indie titles released in 2011 are already heavily discounted on daily sales).

Honestly art style or not this is a game that’s worth under 5 quid at best. I mean it’s nice and all but it should’ve been cheaper than it sells for. But hey people need to make a living.

17. tenthousandgothsonacid

Ignore the haters, one of my favourite games this gen.

18. Gekidami

I honestly dont understand how anyone can say this game is worth the asking price after having played it, seems like post-purchase rationalization to me.

I’d suggest anyone looking to buy a game like this go for Braid instead or on PSN, put the money towards the PSX Oddworld games, hell, get LBP2! Most of the community levels are better than Limbo.

Those games steam roll right over this overrated, pseudo-intellectual weekend project of a game.