Modern Warfare 3 UK pre-orders “on track” to beat Black Ops, says GAME

Monday, 18th July 2011 10:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Pre-orders for Modern Warfare 3 are outpacing last year’s Black Ops, according to UK retailer GAME.

GAME group MD Tom Devine has said that pre-orders for the Infinity Ward-Sledgehammer shooter are “significantly ahead” of the numbers pulled in from Treyarch’s effort last year.

“Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 pre-orders are already tracking significantly ahead of Call of Duty: Black Ops at the same time last year,” Devine told MCV.

“We know that the Call of Duty brand and franchise has the most amazing fan-base and we’ve got some great surprises lined up for those who pre-order with us.”

The game launches on November 8 for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Fin

Won’t bother preordering, but day one purchase for me!

nomnomnomnom

2. nielsthomas1

“We know that the Call of Duty brand and franchise has the most amazing fan-base.”

Right… The 6 year olds that scream every swearword imaginable, and don’t even know what they mean…

It has come to a point where I am really losing faith in humanity. There are hundreds of great games, and they only play the same game. Every. Single. Year.

“And we’ve got some great surprises lined up for those who pre-order with us.”

People need to boycott games that have pre-order bonuses. They are ruining the gaming industry.

3. DGOJG

No more Call of Duty for me thanks. Despite the obvious factors that Infinity Ward no longer has its original crew, the series has become totally stale and it should step aside now.

Have you read who is actualy doing the multiplayer as well? Raven Software (who made the Wolfenstein remake and Singularity..and they were terrible) with the support of Sledgehammer Games.

I didnt even like Battlefield 2 that much but the third game is looking amazing and they are at least upgrading their game engine.

4. Erthazus

My last preorder on this shitty franchise was on Modern Warfare 2.

Since then Fuck off Activision. I didn’t preordered any of your games.
    I will get this but not on launch. (Black Ops i got on launch but with huge discount from my friends local games store, i will probably get this with discount again, but not from the launch)

Battlefield 3 is already preordered on GAME, but damn… just because of the shitty exclusive GAME’s DLC.

5. Christopher Jack

@4, You constantly bitch about the game yet you continue to support the franchise?

6. Fin

Don’t even try to bring logic or sense to Erthazus. Seriously.

“shitty sub-hd console games are shit…but I’ll buy Black Ops on launch”

7. tontsa91

Sad. Very sad.

8. Erthazus

@5, i like multiplayer games and i’m a gamer, i will always get both eventually. Every time i buy CoD i expect something good, because well, it’s AAA title and i’m interested in new ideas (who am i kidding? There were no ideas since MW1).

since then it’s all about horrible singleplayer campaigns, no innovation, horrible Quake 3-ish disbalanced gameplay and no decent visuals (no one asks for Cryengine 3.), physics, just more killstreaks.

I’m not buying this for the full price + with Battlefield 3 i will probably get this in December.
    + Uncharted 3:DD, Dark souls, Skyrim, DOTA2, Guild Wars 2 beta, deus Ex:HR… oh i got plenty to play until i will touch this piece of garbage.

@6, fuck off. The only reason i bought it at launch because my friend works at local store and it was a big discount for me. I got Black Ops for 18$
    I’m not sure that he is going to be able to do it again, but i will buy it for 15-20$ again whet he can make a discount for me again. I buy all big games no matter how shitty they are, because i like to try them out.

9. Deacon

@ 2

I feel the same… It baffles me, what with the wealth of games available these days, that a huge portion of ‘gamers’ are happy to simply sit and throw tens of hundreds of hours into THE SAME FRANCHISE, year after year..

.. at the expense of all the other quality titles.

10. Dannybuoy

Fuck, shit, balls. I feel big now too.

11. Nozz

Not surprised at all.

If I do decide to get this on release I won’t be queuing at a midnight launch to pay £45 again. Nah, I’ll just do what my mate did and go down Asda in the morning and pay £32…

12. Fin

So you’re like the kid that touches the electric fence, gets a shock, then thinks “fuck it, I’ll touch it again”?
    I’m pretty sure even the dumbest kid would stop when they get a shock the second time, but you intend to keep going back for your third.

You’re some man.

13. Erthazus

@12, so Call Of duty is the electric fence for someone who buys a game even if he does not like it? Are you retarded or what?

I will buy this for 15-20$, this won’t affect my life decision in any way. If it’s shit i will play for 10 hours and thats it.

14. Nozz

Why would you buy a game you don’t like?

15. Erthazus

@14, game is not even out yet.
    I don’t like what they showed, but i don’t hate the game.

16. polygem

actually i really don´t see why there is all this no innovation hate for cod. there is none. true. but have you guys played games in the last 10 years? was there something new? something? i don´t think so. nothing groundbreaking at least. the industry makes us believe that once in a while but it never really happened. please don´t give me that heavy rain little big planet stuff. it´s boring. that said: i´ll get mw3, rage, bf3 and skyrim this fall. everything else will have to wait. i´m not expecting innovation but good games.

17. xino

no brainer to this…obviously it will outsell it:/

18. DSB

This seems oddly familiar.

@16 Obviously people don’t hate it that much, given that they keep buying it ;)

I think they just love bitching more than anything else, though.

19. G1GAHURTZ

I’m pretty sure it will smash all Black Ops records…

20. Cozzy

It’s all about Battlefield 3 for me.