Remedy: “More Wake is coming,” isn’t a sequel

Tuesday, 10 May 2011 10:13 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Remedy head of franchise Oskari Hakkinen has confirmed that more Wake action is on the way, but has said it isn’t Alan Wake 2.

Furthermore, he told Eurogamer that it wouldn’t be DLC for the original.

“Fans of the franchise will be excited to learn that yes, more Wake is coming! But to be absolutely certain to avoid confusion, this next Wake installment will not be Alan Wake 2. And neither will it be DLC,” Hakkinen said.

He added that platforms or launch timing are unconfirmed, but teased that “fall 2011 is probably a good guess.”

Hakkinen also said that the new title will “give more” to fans of Wake 1, but will also enable new fans of the series to “finally jump on board.”

This follows a a LinkedIn CV mentioning work on cut-scenes for the game yesterday.

Hakkinen insisted that the slip was unfortunate, but added that to see interest in the series was “great.”

Job listings posted last year by Remedy suggested it was staffing up for a “AAA project” for 360.

Remedy then announced it was looking to work with a programmer with Kinect experience for the “next iteration” of the Alan Wake engine.

Hakkinen said that “a slice” of Remedy has been working on the project for “the last months.”

Alan Wake released last May for Xbox 360. Two DLC chapters, The Signal and The Writer, followed afterwards.

Latest