Report – MGS3DS: Snake Eater aiming for November release

Monday, 9th May 2011 14:54 GMT By Johnny Cullen

MCV‘s reporting that Konami is currently looking at a November launch for the 3DS remake of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

The title, a 3D reworking of the quite frankly amazing 2005 original, was confirmed for a spring launch in Japan back in September at an event held by Nintendo to confirm 3DS’s launch window in the country.

No timeline had been given by Konami here.

MCV also says that the company is also looking to ship Vatra’s Silent Hill: Downpour in Q4, with Pro Evo 2012 to arrive in Q2.

1. StolenGlory

If anything bends my arm behind my back and breaks it in order to get me to buy a 3DS…

It will/should be this.

2. Kabby

Why?

3. StolenGlory

Because from my point of view at least, it is probably the most promising piece of software on the platform and was also the one game at last years E3 unveiling of the 3DS that really made me sit up and take notice of what the machine could (potentially) do.

4. Phoenixblight

Yeah I am waiting to see what is done as far as 3rd party developers not the first party stuff. This game would definitely be a +1 for me to get one.

5. Dralen

@1 Same here. Still won’t be getting it though, since we will be probably be getting this on PS3 soon enough or at least the HD upgrade version.

6. AHA-Lambda

i think it says alot when the remake of a 5 year old game is one of the bigger highlights for the 3ds. I may check it out myself if i get a 3ds but this def wont sell me on one after all its £30 on a game i spent £40 on back in the day and have replayed before 5 years ago -_-

7. 2plus2equals5

Near the ngp launch?… I don’t know how much it will help 3ds, if you now want graphics(you are talking about potential) buy a 3ds, but if you want graphics in november buy a ngp with the rumored new kojima game(probably not at launch but close).

8. Wolverine

Q2 ? fiscal year no ? so, Silent Hill: Downpour for 2012

9. Phoenixblight

No its coming out this Fall

Japans Fiscal years are different than the Western countries apparently.

10. BraveArse

I really want to like it but they’re surely going to have to rework the cutscenes. Long cutscenes won’t work will on a handheld IMO.