Wed, Feb 23, 2011 | 20:10 GMT
Killzone 3 post release patch released, detailed
As promised last week, a patch for Killzone 3 as been released post US-launch, and we’ve got some of the details for you below.
The full list of fixes and additions can be found on the game’s official website, but below we’ve got the major gameplay patch details for you.
Guerrilla said that this is just the beginning, as more updates and enhancements are on the way, based on feedback received during open beta.
- Increased the number of melee kills needed to unlock Increased Accuracy
- StA-3 LMG has had its spread increased and overall accuracy lowered
- Lowered the range and recoil of the LS-57 SMG
- Silent Footsteps has been removed as a ribbon and is now an unlockable skill
- Capturing a Capture and Hold area in Operations will award the same amount of points as it does in Warzone – it was previously worth less
- A specific screen has been added to inform players when a Skill has been unlocked
- Medic: The LS-57 SMG replaces their previously equipped StA-11 SMG
- Medic: The M224-1A LMG replaces their previously equipped LS-13 Shotgun
- Engineer: The StA-11 SMG replaces their previously equipped LS-57 SMG
- Tactician: The LS-13 Shotgun replaces their previously equipped M224-1A LMG
- Tactician: Neutralizing and capturing Tactical Spawn Areas now have two different timers, allowing you to neutralize the ownership away from the enemy faction quicker
- Tactician: Spot & Mark has been rebalanced – it will now ‘pulse’ like a sonar for 30 seconds, rather than stay constantly active during its duration
- Infiltrator: Disguise ranges for each rank has been adjusted. At rank 1, any player can see through Disguise when targeting the Infiltrator. At rank 2, a player must be within 30m range. At rank 3, a player must be within 15m range. Additionally, Disguise at rank 2 has had its timer set to ‘indefinite’ and is no longer based on a timer.
- Infiltrator: The sprint speed modifier earned from Survivalist has been decreased
- New online trophies can be unlocked from the Retro Pack DLC
- Kick-voting has been added to online matches
- Experience points earned for completing mission objectives has been increased
Killzone 3 is out Friday in the UK.