Portal 2 does not support Move despite earlier reports

Thursday, 17th February 2011 14:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Valve has sent word that Portal 2 will not contain Move support as reported earlier by the German PlayStation Blog. According to the developer, the misunderstanding was caused due to Chet Faliszek’s quote being “lost in translation.”

Original story: Valve’s Chet Faliszek has told the German PlayStation Blog that Portal 2 will contain Move support on PS3.

According to Faliszek: “We made the mistake of issuing the console versions of Orange Box to an external team. They have done a good job, but not as quite reach the quality level we have at Valve. Now everything is created in-house, we created our own console department, [which includes] PS3.

Faliszek said to consider it “compensation for Left 4 Dead,” being left off PS3, although at the moment, Move controls aren’t ready.

“Move is also a completely new experience for us, thus the system isn’t fully integrated yet,” he said .

You can read the full interview through the link.

Portal 2 releases on April 22 in the US and April 25 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

Thanks, Gek.

1. LOLshock94

IM NOT TROLLING HERE!!!!!!!!

the xbox version will sell alot more than the ps3 version but why make it the *best* on ps3 if we all no its gunna fail on ps3???????

2. YoungZer0

@1: Probably because Valve is trying to proof that they are not completely incompetent on working with the PS3. They fucked up the Orange Box, it’s probably their way to apologize.

3. Erthazus

@1 Because Valve wants to apologize. They said a lot of bad things about Ps3 before.

+ it’s a strategic Sony’s “MOVE” (:D) and will it fail? Absolutely not.

Xbox 360 Alan Wake FAILED and it was something different from FPS games.

4. Erthazus

@2 EA fucked up ;) not Valve

5. LOLshock94

alan wake is shit and boring that sort of game deserves to fail

6. back_up

even valve knows Move is awesome

7. YoungZer0

@4: EA did the port?

8. gdogg979

alan wake is far from shit and boring.

go back to playing cod…

9. DuckOfDestiny

Because Microsoft won’t let Valve use Steam works. That’s why it will be better on the PS3, despite the fact it will probably sell better on the Xbox.

And it won’t “fail.” Sell less than the Xbox version, probably, but it certainly won’t be a failure.

10. Dralen

@5 Whaaaaaaat? How was it shit? I enjoyed it, could have been a bit longer, but it was a very good game and deserves recognition for that.

11. Gama_888

why the hell are people assuming that this is going to sell better on xbox?

12. Dralen

P.S. Move will be pretty fucking perfect for this game. I’m actually very tempted to get the PS3 version rather than the PC version.

13. Gama_888

@12, hellooooo, buy ps3 version get it on pc aswell?

14. back_up

360 gamers buy same games 4 to 5 times
    because of disc scratching :lol:

15. Fin

Get the PS3 version – you get a code for the Steam version with it!

16. Erthazus

@YoungZero, yes. EA did the port :) thats why.
    Valve didn’t wanted to make games for PS3 and that was it.

17. Dralen

@15 Holy shit! I just read that, that’s awesome! PS3 version it is.

18. thesamy

its known fact that the is harder to make game for the ps3..
    and thats mean probly cost more to make them and selles dosnt realy make it a profit in the end.
    but now valve want to try get steam into ps3 and if thats work good
    vlave gonna be fucking rich! and so are sony i guess.

just my opinion the move still got the lag issue and even casual players
    feel that lag and that why i think it not gonna work as ppl think it will work with portal.

19. LOLshock94

@Dralen
    1) the game is to short
    2) you fight the same things all the time
    3) its a max payne clone
    4) its not scary at all
    5) barry!!!

sorry if i have affended you in any way thats just what i think about the game

@gdogg979
    i havent played any CODS since world at war but i think il stick to playing serious sam

20. NeoSquall

@15 source?

21. Dralen

@19 I respectfully disagree. Apart from the too short bit, it was way too short.

22. Gama_888

its pretty common news now
    i thought everyone knew this?

23. Dralen

@20 errgh, it says so on this very article and the link to the interview on playstation blog.

24. Ababi

@20 this article: “So, the Playstation 3 is coming late, we are sorry. But as a small remedial measure, PS3 [gets] exclusive cloud storage, a free code for PC, and full Playstation-Move support.”
    A free code for PC :D

25. NeoSquall

@22 Well, I didn’t know that.

Now I’m seriously thinking about getting this on the PS3, play it with Move for the fun and then switching to PC for playing it “hardcore”…

26. NeoSquall

I swear I didn’t read about the code in the article.

I think I need a bit of rest.

27. guapo

Seriuous Sam ? Really ?!? LOL I tried to play serious sam but it was way too cheesy. I’d much reather play Alan Wake :)

28. guapo

I meant serious, obviously.

29. guapo

and that was supposed to be rather. WHERE IS THAT EDIT BUTTON ????

30. NiceFellow

I play all Valve games on PC. I have PS3. I’ll get Portal 2 for PS3 as that way I get both versions for the same price and can try it with Move – Portal gameplay with Move would seem to be a good match.

If you have a PC and PS3 I have no idea (unless there turns out to be a major price difference) why you’d only buy it on PC rather than buy it for PS3, get the code and activate it on PC anyway.

31. Michael O’Connor

PS3 version for me as well.

The PC code pretty much sealed the deal for me. The Move support is a very delicious topping on the non-existent cake!

32. Robo_1

If there was one game which I always thought would be perfect for Move, it was this. This is a big win, win for Sony, not only is Gabe still pimping Portal 2 as the best version of the game, but Move is about to get a killer app.

Great news, and they’ve probably got a sale out of me because of it.

33. NeoSquall

@31 Liar.

GlaDOS promised there would be cake. I trust her more than you :<

34. JimFear-666

@LOLshock94 they only did more on ps3 because the ps3 is more open than xbox360.