New Dead Island trailer shows off family vs zombies

Wednesday, 16th February 2011 18:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

IGN’s posted a new trailer of Dead Island, the first trailer of the game in three years. Get it after the break.

The trailer for the title, which is being made by Call of Juarez developer Techland and published by Deep Silver, shows off a holiday resort being overrun by zombies as a family faces off against one group of zombies while trying to save their daughter.

It’s all below.

Told in a first-person perspective with RPG elements, Dead Island is being made for PC and Xbox 360. No date yet.

1. dandan123

oh no… not ANOTHER! zombie game -_-

2. Maximum Payne

^^ Please tell me good Zombie game ? Left 4 dead 2 is old now ,Dead rising was more comedy and hach and slash then a survival game.And better new zombie game then new military game…

3. dandan123

even dead rising 2 beats them and red dead redemption undead nightmare was good im tired of all these games and mores to come….

4. Gekidami

L4D2 only came out end 2009, i wouldnt say it was “old”. And whats really funny is that Dead Rising maybe less serious then most zombie games, but its actually a better ‘zombie survival game’ then pretty much every other zombie game reelased to date.

5. dandan123

@4 true i agree but every company is just going to far with zombie games now thers even yakuza game with zombies in coming in march.. i mean come on man this is getting ridiculas lol

6. PEYJ

Where does it say that it’s for PC and 360 only? I remember it being that last we heard about it but one of their other games, Warhound, was originally PC and 360 only but that changed later on. It seems plausible that the same is the case regarding this game.

7. Maximum Payne

But this is game is Open ended from Firt Person almost always low on ammo you use every means necesery to stay alive…But I agree for zombie mania.I think it is fault
    Cod Nazi zombie mode,that is way Yakuza and RDR have it…

8. dandan123

i see where you come from zombie survival is kind of awesome like when you got no bullets you have to find what you can to survive and it will sure look amazing in 1st person… but yh developers are going to far

9. Maximum Payne

^^

10. dandan123

Holy sh*t ! lol i think i have changed my mind that looks awsome

11. Gekidami

Wait, this game was meant ot come out in 2008? Oh dear. Development hell detected.

12. Maximum Payne

13. dandan123

@11 yeah i hope they havent changed anything from when they released that trailer in 2008 it looks sweet

14. Maximum Payne

@11 True and one guy mention Warhound but that look like shit :)

15. M2Kx

Didn’t know that this game still exists. Trailer is awesome, give releasedate!

16. Moonwalker1982

When they anounced this, i was at the Games Convention in Leipzig and at the time i worked for a website, so we got to talk to the developers and saw a long gameplay demonstration. We loved it and i’m damn glad to see that its still coming. I had given up on this one.

17. M2Kx

IGN says it’s also for PS3 ;)

18. absolutezero

They have a large amount of Italian cannibal and zombie movies to take a hell of alot of inspiration from.

Going by the balls on show with the death and zombification of a child they are not backing away from taking the subject matter more seriously than anything else in memory.

19. absolutezero

Also I might have to stab the next person that says zombies are over-played to death for not going on to mention war games, bald space marines, angsty teenagers and fucking MMO band wagon jumping.

20. M2Kx

^ THIS!

21. xino

is this is forgotten game IGN was banging on about?

the trailer is good but no GOTY or Trailer of the year

22. Moonwalker1982

Really Xino, and you already know this….how exactly? Did you play it? Stupid nonsense to say its not trailer or game of the year,lol.

The shots on IGN look awesome.

23. AHA-Lambda

wow, now THAT is a good trailer =O

24. xino

so you judge a game by it’s trailer?

and i’m sure other games with bad trailer which were good or descent games, you’ve skipped because you judge game by trailers.

25. David Sarkisjan

I quickly put together the linear cut of the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktT9DXs88HA

26. AHA-Lambda

@22 – i think he’s referring to ign’s statement that this was their gametrailer of the year

27. Moonwalker1982

Ok if he meant it like that, my bad. I didn’t read anything on IGN, just saw the trailer here and the shots on their site.

Xino, who says i am judging a game by a trailer? I’m only saying it looks awesome. And the gameplay i saw years ago really was awesome, but maybe it’s not like that anymore. The last part is nonsense, you talk about me like you know me, i actually never do it like that. Gameplay videos, read reviews/opinions and demos are most of the time enough for me.

28. YoungZer0

About time. Trailer looks good. Love to see that they are actually touching a subject most zombie videogames don’t: Family and Children.

29. Kuwabara

its on ps3 2!!

30. M2Kx

@28: Dead Rising 2 did, sort of. But you’re right, if the game is going to be intense like the trailer, than I’m totally sold!

31. Blerk

The internets is somewhat ablaze about this trailer this morning!

It’s a really good trailer. Graphically it looks a bit weird, though – I think the editing of the trailer helps cover up a few eyebrow-raisers. Looking forward to see the game itself, though.

32. NeoSquall

I actually feel hurt after watching this trailer.

Good job, Techland.

33. Old MacDonald

That’s pretty much the best trailer I’ve seen in years.

34. Nissanthen

Awesome trailer! Please be an awesome game!

35. Crysis

Aww, no PS3 release :(
    I don’t enjoy playing games on my pc unless it’s an RTS & I sold my 360 because I refuse to pay to play online when i already pay for the internet, the console & the game also the lack of decent 1st party exclusives was another (but smaller) reason, after one year of gold, the 360 costs the same as the PS3 (& IMO) offers much less, sure it would be more convenient to have party chat, but that’s all I’m missing & fuck paying money for that.

36. Erthazus

That was freakin awesome trailer.

37. Erthazus

@35, They are polish developers… It’s only SONY’s fault that it is not on PS3. Hardware only.

Trailer is one of the best for this year.

38. Blerk

IGN said it was on PS3.

39. Erthazus

I’m on wikipedia right now.

It says: PC, XBOX 360 and PS3.

40. DSB

The game itself looks a lot like Dead Rising on a Just Cause 2 island.

Great trailer though.

41. Crysis

I’m on their official FB page http://www.facebook.com/#!/deadislandgame?sk=info

Developed for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Much more reliable than Wikipedia, where ignorant little twats have the power to change facts. Yesterday i read PlayStation 3 sucks as the second paragraph when I looked up Xbox 360.

42. theevilaires

That was a very cool trailer until the end when the facebook shit was shown and ruined the whole damn trailer. :(

43. monkeygourmet

Looks great! 4 player co-op too! :) could handle Left 4 Dead 3 as well, I will NEVER tire of co-op zombie slaying! :)