Danger Close hiring for “unannounced AAA first person shooter title”

Thursday, 6th January 2011 12:34 GMT By Johnny Cullen

danger close

Medal of Honor dev Danger Close is working on an “unannounced AAA first person shooter title,” according to job listing the LA studio’s posted out this afternoon.

The team’s looking for a senior gameplay engineer and a weapons and vehicles expert.

The weapons and vehicles expert listing is also asking for experience in “a multiplayer focused game”.

All bets are off. Medal of Honor 2, then.

This comes despite less-then-expected sales for the first Medal of Honor, released in October, announced to be at the 2 million mark in November.

EA Europe games boss Patrick Soderlund admitted the shooter, jointly developed by Danger Close and Swedish studio DICE, did not live up to the company’s “quality expectations.”

“What I can say is the game didn’t meet our quality expectations. In order to be successful in that space, we’re going to have to have a game that is really, really strong.

“I’m not at all saying Medal of Honor is a failure. It is a successful reboot of that franchise. We’re going to be strong in the future,” he added.

1. EscoBlades

“I’m not at all saying Medal of Honor is a failure.”

“I’m saying it kinda was.”

2. Johnny Cullen

I thought, single-player wise anyways, Medal of Honor was a far better shooter then people give it credit for.

3. StolenGlory

@2 Couldn’t agree more Johnny.

Additionally, I will be extremely surprised if this isn’t MOH2.

4. earlyrock

@2 Totally. Really liked it. Multiplayer wasn’t that horrific either.

I’d happily play a sequel.

5. Erthazus

Singleplayer in Medal Of Honor was craptastic at best. There was nothing good about it. All levels are boring.

I’m not waiting from these guys nothing. Even Call OF duty singleplayer that is also bad is much better.

6. Patrick Garratt

I went through the campaign, and it really wasn’t that bad. There was a rubbish forever-respawn bit right at the end, and there was some daft AI, but I reckon it sold 2 million units for a reason. Some of it was great.

7. mojo

“All bets are off. Medal of Honor 2, then”

thats out for roughly 10 years now..
    available on playstation (2000) and gameboy advance (2002)

8. Suikoden Fan

@5 medal of honours singleplayer was the best fps single player campaign i have played.

9. Maximum Unreal

@8 For me Bad Company 2 had better campaign then MoH.Not to mention Cod 4 who explained how to make good FPS campaign.

10. OrbitMonkey

*pauses Black-ops* You mean theirs other fps’s? Who knew? *goes back to Black-Ops*

11. CaptPierce

True, this wasn’t the massive COD killer I wanted, but it was fun, especially the campaign. It was very short, but oh so sweet. The second time around Danger Close will probably get it. :)

12. reask

Yeah I played the sp and got totally bored with it.
    I mean on the highest setting it was easy.
    I am a former fan of MOH series.
    They tried to copy mw and failed miserably imo.

Online was just a snipers paradise you could not go out in the open for fear of been shot at by the entire enemy team sniping.
    As for the stats well they were just pointless I mean it didn’t even tell u how many games you had won or lost.

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I thought MOH disapointed on all fronts. Graphics especially – surprisingly very shitty.

14. IL DUCE

I agree with John & Pat (2 & 6)…we’re just spoiled because we get these triple A shooters without any flaws in CoD and Battlefield since they have perfected their art and keep continuing the same pattern while Medal of Honor was rebooted completely, and I think it was pretty damn good for a first effort by Danger Close, really the single player was good, graphics could’ve been a bit better and there were a couple of bugs but the multiplayer is where it fell short since while it was cool and fun and everything, it was pretty much Bad Company with a little CoD sprinkled in, DICE didn’t really use any originality in multi…that was the main problem, and just a side note here I didn’t think Black Ops was all that great, kept me occupied for two weeks but it’s definitely inferior to MW2…

Edit: 10 being a prime example of the blindly loyal CoD followers