Beyond Good & Evil HD, Torchlight join Xbox Live Arcade House Party

Thursday, 6th January 2011 05:30 GMT By Brenna Hillier

torchlight

Following its CES 2011 press event, Microsoft decided to crank the excitement up by announcing the Xbox Live Arcade House Party. The event brings with it five new downloadable releases, the cream of which is indubitably the classic Beyond Good & Evil HD and addictive Torchlight.

The House Party kicks off on February 16th with the release of Hard Corps Uprising, ARC System Works’s run-and-gun prequel to the Contra series.

Four other titles will follow over the next few weeks, although the order and timing are unknown, and no indication of price point was given.

Beyond Good & Evil HD spruces up Ubisoft’s classic adventure, while Torchlight marks the first console port of indie Runic’s best-selling Diablo-clone.

Bejeweled Blitz arrives for the socially conscious casual kind, and Full House Poker is … well, it’s poker, isn’t it, but as well as playing on your Xbox 360, you can carry games and progress over to the Windows Phone version.

1. DJ Deathstar

Awesome can’t wait for torchlight and BGAE interested in Hard Corps and Full House Poker too!

2. Patrick Garratt

Yep, good news.

3. Blerk

Ooh, Torchlight! I’m torn now… It’s a brilliant game but I’ve finally got a machine that’ll do the PC version justice now and I’ve been playing it to death on that.

Ah, sod it – I’ll probably buy it again. And BG&E. I’m such a tart.

Hopefully they’ll run another of those ‘buy a few, get some points back’ deals.

4. evilashchris

At 800 points a pop I’ll buy these on release. Otherwise and I’m waiting :D

5. Aimless

@4 I’ve always found that a bit of strange attitude.

Obviously it’s your money and you can do what you want with it, but the actual difference between an 800 and 1200 point game is around £3.40, and that’s assuming you paid RRP rather than picked up a discount points card. That doesn’t really seem like enough of a difference to have such a staunch view of things before you’ve even tried them.

6. Suikoden Fan

so BGaE will be a timed exclusive to 360? well MS i dont care if you signed Suikoden 6 as a timed exclusive i dont want to play it on 360 tbh. I’ll wait.

7. Blerk

Loads of Torchlight info here, including some bad news for PS3 owners.

8. Suikoden Fan

@blerk yeah that post pretty much killed any odds of a ps3 release, first the devs dont want to do it and MS is the publisher. Double Death there.

9. Gadzooks!

That’s pretty awesome news. What with BG&E, Torchlight and ilomilo I’m going to have to do some heavy MSpoint investing!

10. distraet

Best news yet. Been waiting for Torchlight to hit a console after playing it to death on PC.

11. Callum

Anyone played it on PC with a gamepad? How did it feel? I have it so I might boot it up later and give it a go with a pad..Altho as said in other threads I am rubbish at this game and have to play it on easy :(

12. freedoms_stain

@11, Torchlight? As is on pc you can’t play it with a pad unless they’re patching the console mods into the pc version.