New “Murder Your Maker” teaser trailer shows scenes and screens from Prototype

Saturday, 4th December 2010 07:36 GMT By Nathan Grayson

prototype13

Well everyone, thanks for playing. For those who didn’t guess Prototype 2, we still have this nice prize basket, which includes some scented soaps and what appears to be a Chinese iPhone knock-off. It doesn’t make calls, but – hey – are these Altoids inside where all the phone bits should be? Neat!

Ready your mutant Swiss army knife tentacle arms, because the latest Murder Your Maker update is a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it trailer of New York imagery and scenes from the original Prototype. We’ve posted the video below in case you still have link-clicking post-traumatic stress disorder after someone directed you to Goatse or something.

1. Suikoden Fan

so prototype 2 huh just as we get infamous 2?

did acti time it like this on pupose or aomething?

games that are similar having release dates or info etc roughly the same, feels like the games industry is becoming like soaps.

2. Robo_1

I’ll be there. The first was good fun. :)

3. G1GAHURTZ

Prototype is the only open world action game I’ve ever finished.

I even finished it twice.

Amazing game.

4. Lord Gremlin

Very good to know – I loved Prototype, bought it at launch for PS3.

Considering the ending in first Prototype this game is indeed in a dire need of a sequel.

5. Yoshi

Unfortunately I got slightly bored half way through

6. TraceableX

Boring, lifeless game. I hope the 2nd one is better, otherwise GTFO.

Want more action? inFamous is for you, baby.

7. triggerhappy686

each to their own and all that but i found this game ‘empty’, for me it had no real substance or character, and it had far too much swearing. cant understand why its getting a sequel.

8. itsucks

notFamous was a piece of shit, Prototype all the way fuckers.

9. Jensen6

that was obvious, so there will be no left 4 dead or resident evil game shown on the VGAs i guess.
    i’m looking forward to prototype 2, the first one was a nice game

10. AHA-Lambda

awesome :)

tho this does leave two hanging questions:

1) who is making this game? Apparently radical is hung up doing the new spiderman game

2) who’s going to get in trouble for using RE assets in these teasers?

11. funkstar

@10: what RE assets? i never saw any in the teaser images… unless you’re talking about the biohazard warning sign which is a standard warning sign across the world and not specifically related to RE

12. freedoms_stain

I liked Prototype.

I remember finding it very hard on my 1st playthrough, and dropping it in frustration. Later I came back and re-started and something *clicked*, I got much better at using Mercers abilities and ultimately finished the game. One day I’ll go back and finish it on hard with all the Platinum challenge medals (unlikely :p )

TBH I just loved running around the city and gliding and shit, that was enormous fun for me.

13. AHA-Lambda

14. funkstar

ah! didnt spot that one.. cheers

15. pukem0n

god YES, prototype 2!!!
    you feel so badass in this game, its just superfun :)

16. Erthazus

If they will fix all the problems then yeah, i’m all over it.

If not =\

first one was a good entertainment, but it lacked in so much. From decent comic book story to the graphics, details and basic sandbox variety.

Smashing everybody around with tons of powers was a good idea. Lots of folks wanted that.

17. The_Red

I really hope they put more work in graphics and level design departments. The city was so repetitive and generic while the graphics were rather dated. Fix these and introduce more varied enemies and I’m in. Also, please KEEP all the blood and gore.

18. Kuwabara

Hey “itsucks” ,you and ur xbox 360 are shit.

19. itsucks

herpes derp kuwabara kuwabara u r gay, first take your pieceofshit3 dick of your mouth before you talk shit. shit burn.

20. Thalius

First game was horrible cant believe we get a second…

21. guapo

1st game felt unfinished, but had some good potential. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

22. Isuru86

Prototype was great…all the Freedown you want in an Video Game. Looking forward fot part 2

23. YoungZer0

I really hope they have a better story this time around and more variety between the enemies, and a bit more fair. The Web of Intrigue story was really cool, but the main story was pretty boring. I was also hoping that the infection would take more time to consume NY. The jumping between infected and non-infected NY was huge. I didn’t like that at all.

But man i loved the chaos in the streets.

Is it the same developer?

24. OrbitMonkey

Another angsty young pretender looking for vengeance, answers, whatever, by killing lots of people. They’ll only be one real superhero (sequal) next year & you’ll find him in Gotham.

25. Kuwabara

“itsucks” Your fucking balls deep!! on microsofts dick. Enjoy this video.

26. Johnny Cullen

I thought Prototype would be alright.

Instead, it was shit. Lifeless, soul-less and a pretty drab story to boot.

Didn’t like it. I thought inFamous was the most superior title between the two if you had to compare them. But even then, they aren’t really comparable as such.

That said, I’ll give number two a chance, but I won’t hold my breath.

27. Isaaclarke37

I haven’t gone through the first one yet but i would love to try it out.

28. Phoenixblight

QFT

Prototype was just a combination of the worst parts of platformers with a craptastic story. They tried to make it up with over the top action but with all its bugs and shoddy animation, it fell short. Really surprised they even decided to do a sequel with how fast the game went to the bargain bin.

29. DSB

I really hope they get a better guy leading the development, and that they let them finish it this time around. Prototype was close to being a truly amazing game. Definitely on my watchlist.

@23 Totally agree. The whole crisis/panic scenario is almost made for sandboxes. Reminds me of State of Emergency back in the day. Like Prototype it was horribly lacking in a lot of areas, but the thrill of running around in a riot like that was awesome. I’ll take an invasion, riot, viral outbreak scenario over a boring hollywood sob story any day.

I recall hearing rumors when Prototype launched, that Activision got fed up with the guys making the game (it suffered some fierce delay) and pushed it to market as-is. If that’s true, I think it’s safe to assume that it’s under new leadership.