Ubisoft has put out a survey in conjunction with Global Market Insite which asks participants a number of questions reagding possible innovations for the next addition in the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
We didn’t qualify for the survey, but Eurogamer did, and reports the survey contains information regarding customization options, crafting, and the game’s lead character.
- The survey also asked “to what degree” players would like to see the following possible implementations:
- An upgrade to the assassin’s blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
- An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
- An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
- Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
- An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
- Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
- A continuation of Ezio’s story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
- Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin’s Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
- Online Cooperative Mode
- Offline Cooperative Mode
- The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
- A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
- Playing new Multiplayer modes
- A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
- A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)
Ubisoft plans on releasing another Assassin’s Creed title in 2011, so some of these innovation may make it into the game.
Make sure your opinion is taken into account through here.