Double Fine’s Stacking screenshots are awesome

Wednesday, 24th November 2010 18:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

stacking

Double Fine has released some really nice screenshots of its recently announced adventure-puzzler Stacking, and we’ve got ‘em posted below for you.

Stacking stars a young chimney sweep named Charlie Blackmore, who on a quest to reunite his family after they’ve been “forced into indentured servitude by an evil industrialist”.

Charlie, like the other characters in the game, is a Russian Matryoshka or Nesting Doll, which allows Charlie to stack inside of any doll that is one size larger him.

Once inside, the Charlie can command the larger doll and use its special ability to solve puzzles so he may rescue his family.

The game was created by Brutal Legend’s art director, Lee Petty, and it is slated for release from THQ on XBL and PSN during spring 2011.

1. DJ Deathstar

I just love the style of this game!

2. Prof.Dr.Moertel

I have no idea why but this reminds me of Fable. Weird….

3. Gekidami

^ Its the colour filter.

4. DJ Deathstar

Haha yea now you’ve said that i totally see it lol

5. JPickford

Doublefine seem to be hitting their stride. Small, stylish, imaginative games using shared tech.

6. The_Red

I really REALLY think they should choose better names for their games. Custom Quest as a “title” for a game sounded so generic and so does this.
    This is a great looking and interesting game that deserves a MUCH better title. Right now it sounds like a shovelware title for Wii.

7. DJ Deathstar

You did mean Costume Quest right and don’t actually think the game was called Custom Quest?

8. The_Red

LOL, my bad. Yeah, Costume Quest. The Halloween game :)

9. Lord Gremlin

I’ll buy it the day it releases, just like Costume Quest. I just wish he’d made a sequel to Brutal Legend.
    Also, this Stacking game pleases me especially since I’m Russian.

Also, this game has a farting matreshka doll. Epic win.

10. DJ Deathstar

@8 Haha yeah for a second thought that you believed that was the actual name lol!

@9 Yeah i can honestly say thats something i never thought i’d ever see in a game!