Rumor: Guillermo del Toro’s game to be a sci-fi RPG trilogy

Friday, 12th November 2010 06:15 GMT By Nathan Grayson

deltoro

Saw it coming.

Ok, no we didn’t.

According to an anonymous source that spoke with MMOMFG, Pan’s Labyrinth director Guillermo del Toro’s announced-but-not-announced game is so ambitious that it may as well be shooting for the sky. Or, more aptly, space.

For one, it won’t be limited to a single game. Instead, del Toro’s collaborating with THQ on a massive sci-fi trilogy that’s, well, “along the lines of Mass Effect.” Apparently, though, it’ll also have Lovecraftian elements and focus on inter-dimensional travel through a series of portals. So yeah, Mass Effect 2.5 this is not.

Regardless, it sounds pretty promising. Let us punch Cthullu into another dimension and we’ll be able to die happy. Here’s hoping the rumor proves true when del Toro’s game is announced next month during the Spike TV VGAs.

1. osric90

I hope that info is wrong and the game is someting more interesting.

2. RETARDED VIKING

Hmm let’s see how this turns out.

3. Blerk

I approve of this rumour.

There’s only one ‘l’ in Cthulu. Don’t incur his wrath!

4. Nathan Grayson

I fixed Cthulu’s name, so hopefully he’s not feeling too vengeful about this whole thing. I’m also prepared to offer him Canada as a sacrifice. I can’t really think of anyone important who’ll mind.

5. Blerk

I’m not sure I’d risk offering Celine Dione and Nickelback to Cthulu.

6. Gadzooks!

I hate to be ‘that guy’, but it’s Cthulhu, not Cthulu. :)

But.. but think of the Moose!

Nobody ever considers the Moose.. :(

7. Blerk

Egads, you’re right! And after I corrected the initial mistake!

Looks like I’ll be joining you in the eternal pit of screaming damnation, Nathan. I hope he didn’t already put Nickelback in there.

8. Nathan Grayson

Fixed it again! Also, that’s no pit of eternal damnation, Blerk. It’s far, far worse. You’re at a Nickelback concert.

You will be missed. I’ll tell everyone you’re just on really long trip or taking a big nap or whatever while choking back tears, but somehow, I think they’ll know.

9. Blerk

They’ll probably be able to hear the screaming.

10. LordCancer

advent rising *sigh*

11. dirigiblebill

Now now, let’s not forget that Metric are from Canada too. You wouldn’t want to consign Metric to any screaming pits of damnation, would you?

I vote we compromise and hand over Greenland.

12. Gadzooks!

But they have Moose too.

Why all the (implied) Moose hate today?

13. Blerk

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made to ensure you get Nickelback.

14. dirigiblebill

And they say Hell gets all the best musicians.

15. AHA-Lambda