Sony: 60% of Move-fanciers “already own a Wii”

Monday, 8th November 2010 15:11 GMT By Patrick Garratt

move

Having a Wii is no barrier to move ownership, Sony said today.

Releasing a handy, easily quotable infographic on the PS Blog, the company said that 60 perwent of those interested in buying Move already own a Wii.

This is presumably to answer critics of the device, which have constantly claimed the PlayStation motion controller merely apes what’s come before with Nintendo’s machine.

More than 1 million Move units were sold in North and Latin America in its first 30 days on sale.

Sony said today that 15 more games will join the 24 it has planned for release this Holiday before the end of the company’s financial year in June.

moveinfo

1. Erthazus

They just shipped 1 million units…. Blah…. Kinect is probably overshadowed that stick.

2. Crysis

I can imagine all the wii ports to accommodate that kind of statistic, not necessarily a bad thing, there are a few decent wii games, but not any that i have had the chance to experiance myself.

3. jevonski

@1 probably but I’d still rather have the physical medium myself.

4. Crysis

@1, i hope that all thiese huge Kinect numbers are just hyperbole, i personlly wouldn’t like the future of gaming to require expensive gimmicky hardware & if Kinect’s a huge success, i could imagine that next generation, MS, Sony & Ninteno will be putting too much emphasis on more casual/gimmicky games & leave us hardcore gamers dry.

5. DBZ0wnz

Alot of nice games coming along for the move and not to mention kinetic doesn’t do any shooters what-so ever, not like it matters (but still).

6. FeaturePreacher

I guess Move must be doing as well as the PSP Go if Sony is desperate enough to release numbers sighting intentions, interest, and shipped(not sold) numbers.

7. CenoBit

Erthazus: Kinect might has overshadowed Move but…where are its numbers?
    I would expect MS to send out a press release with the “amazing” sales of the first days of Kinect.

I”m not a fanboy (already have move, and contemplating buying Kinect)…I’m just saying.

8. Psychotech

With half billion marketing campaign you could even expect altered sales numbers.The green makes the world go round