“I think one day we could bring you another Demon’s Souls,” says SCEJ

Friday, 29th October 2010 09:25 GMT By Johnny Cullen

demon's souls eu

Yeah. You may get a sequel.

SCEJ’s Takeshi Kajii has hinted we’ll be getting a Demon’s Souls sequel “one day”, athough right now, nothing is currently in development.

“At the moment, my answer is ‘no sequel!’,” Kaiji told The Guardian in an interview when asked about it.

“However, we have been encouraged by all the players, and this title is so well supported, and besides we like this title so much…

“Well, this is my own feeling, but I think one day we could bring you another Demon’s Souls…”

As for anyone hoping for Move support with the RPG, you may get rid of that little fantasy now.

“We don’t have any plans for that at the moment,”said director Hidetaka Miyazaki.

DS developer From Software is currently making a game outside of Demon’s Souls, announced back at TGS, known as Project Dark.

The game’s said to be very similar to the series without actually being related to it.

It was rumoured earlier this year a Demon’s Souls sequel was in development.

Demon’s Souls released this past summer for PS3 in Europe following previous launches in Japan and the US.

1. Syrok

“We don’t have any plans for that at the moment”

Time for a change of plans, me thinks. :)
    Easily one of my favourite games of all times.

2. Hybridpsycho

Couldn’t you say that Project Dark is Demon’s Souls 2 but without the name?
    If I’m not completely mistaken they choose the name because sony owns the Copy-Rights to the name “Demon’s Souls”.

no? :o

3. No_PUDding

I don’t even know how you’d make a sequel to Demon’s Souls actually.

I guess the Nexus still exists. It just wouldn’t be the same if everyone was fine around you, no crisis.

4. DrDamn

Demon’s Souls was a collaboration between From and Sony Japan – how much of a collaboration isn’t really clear, so we don’t know exactly where the genius came from. Hopefully it’s on both sides so we get a great Project Dark and a great DS2 :).

As for Move support – I’d like to see it in a sequel. Stuff like the Gladiator bit in Sports Champions shows what can be done. I think shoe horning it in to DS would be too much though.

5. itsucks

No you won’t. yo fuckwads will make just a shitty game with that name slapped on. The real Demon Souls is made by From Software and no one else.

6. No_PUDding

@DrDamn

FS have been at that game for a little while. So it’s not Sony I think.

Doesn’t Dark project look like it has party gameplay anyway? It looks like they are not so bothered about the atmosphere, and more interested in the multiplay. That’s actually cool with me.

I’d prefer it’s different from DS.

7. sennasnit

itsucks=choochoo=twats

8. itsucks

@agoodsennaisadeadsenna: cry moar. =D

9. DrDamn

@No_PUDding
    Yeah Project Dark is pure FS. I would think DS2 if there was one would end up internal Sony Japan.

10. Crysis

If anyone decides to create a petition to ban itsucks & choochoo, i’ll GLADLY sign it, they’re nothing but trolls, i actually feel sorry about how sad their lives are, but they’re fucking annoying!

11. Psychotext

I’d love another Demon’s Souls… but I’m not sure how much I like the idea of it being done by someone other than FS. Also, I’d be concerned that they’ll miss what was so good about the first game and just make the sequel stupidly hard, rather than punishing.

12. sennasnit

hmmm, once again you show your maturity.
    Please do us all a favour and fuck off.

13. StolenGlory

Agreed with @12.

Fuck off itsucks you sad cunt.

Pretty please?

14. Psychotech

itsucks implies that a pieceofshit3 exclusive was good???If From Sowtare hadn’t announced Project Dark as a multiplatform he would go the other typical of him way around.So much jealousy hides in there it’s actually sad.
    Anyhow SCEJ are more than capable and may deliver a true sequel.Let’s hope they do

15. Robo_1

“itsucks=choochoo=twats”

Pretty much.

How itsucks is still allowed to post after posting spoilers to multiple games is beyond me.

The mods must hate us. :’(

16. itsucks

@Crybabysis: Only if you ban yourself and burn yoyr pieceofshit3.

17. sennasnit

fuckwit

18. Crysis

@itsucks, No one likes you, you’re the pathetic parasite of this website & i can assure you that everybody wants you gone & i hope Garratt responds to us. I, among multiple others, joined this site for many reasons, & the most important ones being lack of immature 14 year old trolls with no life (aka YOU!), & lack of spammers.
    Also, more chance of me burning my 360, well it’ll do it itself with the poor design & lack of airflow, i’m being realistic, i own a 360 & enjoy a few games on it (fable 3 & halo reach) & it’s an old model so there’s every chance that i could get RRoD (which is generally an overheating problem).
    I actually have questions i want you to give realistic answers to, Why do you waste your time to slander a video game console? What do you gain out of this slander? & isn’t the point of gaming to have fun, not trolling blog sites about things you have a pointless hatred for?-IDK why i bother with these questions since it’s incredibly likely you cannot understand them.

19. sennasnit

agreed^^^^^^^

20. Gadzooks!

@15, 18

Mods do not care if idiots troll the site all day long. They simply do not care about the VG247 community as long as those trolls are contributing to page hits.

itsucks and other brainless trollbots like choochoo and kuwubara throw a little bait here and there, but such empty headed one-liners are easily ignored. TEA, on the other hand, was genuinely destroying every thread he posted in, being a racist bigotted toy-throwing child. He should have been banned ten times over but the mods do not give a shit.

There is a neat little greasemonkey script that can help you blot out the trolls, if you use firefox. I have found it very effective. I cant find the link right now but will fish it out later.

Oh, and your anti-trolling sentiment would hold up better under scrutiny if you didnt respond to itsucks in kind with cheap quips about the 360. Rise above, not adding fuel for the fire and all that. ;)

21. asdfasdf

great

22. stretch215

I actually get a pretty good laugh from itsucks’s (?) commenting. I can’t understand why people get so upset over these random, baseless comments. Especially when it’s a comment about a GAME SYSTEM not you personally. Why so sensitive? EDIT: I also believe the only people that should be banned from any site are spammers, racists, and other types of sickos

23. DaMan

I say itsucks is overrated, Kuwabara is a pinnacle of his chosen niche.

24. NeoSquall

@2 Indeed the interview was done to one from SCEJ, the owners of Demon’s Souls trademark, hence nobody knows better if we will have Demon’s Souls 2 :D

25. stretch215

Kuwabara does seem a little smarter.

26. DaMan

itsucks is entertaining, the other one is a mundane zealot.

27. theevilaires

“itsucks and other brainless trollbots like choochoo and kuwubara throw a little bait here and there, but such empty headed one-liners are easily ignored. TEA, on the other hand, was genuinely destroying every thread he posted in, being a racist bigotted toy-throwing child. He should have been banned ten times over but the mods do not give a shit”.

:D :D :D Even after I eject myself from the sites comments there is still no peace and my name still linger in the hearts of the denial :D Keeping showing the world how much I mind fucked you Gadzooks! Please its making me laugh everyday that you lost sleep due to the things I posted.

“There is a neat little greasemonkey script that can help you blot out the trolls, if you use firefox. I have found it very effective. I cant find the link right now but will fish it out later”.

^ Proof is in the pudding. :D You guys have a nice day.

28. manamana

^ ^_^

29. mathare92

Why hello there TEA! Been too long. :D
    @20 TEA was a lot less annoying than these imbeciles.

30. Galactic_Barret

At least TEA managed to explain why he posted (almost) everything he did. Someone just sounds a little bitter.

choochoo and itsucks are just terrible. No finesse, their hearts aren’t really in it. I can’t really blame mods, either: As boring and unoriginal as they are, better to just let them burn out than ban someone else.

Speaking of, whatever happened to the PC guy (drawing a blank at the moment)? He was always fun.

31. Kuwabara

well i know I am smart :P. On a serious note though, I’m on a different level to “itsucks and choochoo”. They say stupid shit about the ps3, i defend it with facts that make sense and is right. When i say shit about the xbox360, im still giving a dam honest truth and outlook or critique to the direction and present action of what they’re doing. Most of my comments here are replies to itsucks and choochoo. The more exclusives ps3 gets and the more i hear about money being spent on kinect and live features, the more i will speak out against xbox 360, because they are lacking in the first party exclusives and third party line up, with a focus on kinect and live features instead. Hopefully microsoft step up, i doubt it though.

Oh i got to edit, cause i noticed some idiots making me out to be brainless. Ok then, anyone here challenge me about what ive said about xbox 360 that i’m wrong about. I think you guys are more upset with the fact i’m right about what i said about xbox in the past.

32. Michael O’Connor

I think it’s hilarious how bent out of shape people get about the small few trolls that inhabit this site. You *do* realise that you could just… ignore them? By responding to them you’re just helping to inflate their ego, and making the problem worse.

Respond once, defend your argument, point out their mistakes, and leave it at that. You should all know by now go they’re going to react, and nobody wants 2 page essays clogging up perfectly good discussion.

Since the likes of TEA and BDH stopped posting, I think we can all safely agree that the quality of discussion here has risen quite significantly. Let’s try to keep it that way. And for god sake… if they post… JUST IGNORE THEM!

33. DaMan

yep.

all keyboards these days (be it for PC or Mac) come with a built-in ‘ignore the retards’ button, it’s generally known as the ‘space bar’.