Agent 47 VO outs “gob smacking” Hitman 5

Friday, 22nd October 2010 18:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

hitman

Shock.

David Bateson, the voice-actor who plays Agent 47 in the Hitman series, has outed the fifth game in the series.

Bateson mentioned the game on two occasions in an interview with TheGamingLiberty.

I have to plead the 5th Amendment on this one. I am under contract not to say anything. There have been delays. However, like I said earlier, if the artwork is anything to go by… brace yourself!”

He added: “In all the years of Hitman, I have been overwhelmingly gratified and humbled by the sheer dedication to the Hitman franchise that the fans have expressed.

“For all the kind things that have been said, I am truly thankful. That kind of dedication and appreciation of the game deserves repayment… with an even more gob smacking instalment in Hitman 5. I don’t envy IO Interactive for the pressure they must under to deliver.

“I am utterly convinced they will!”

It’s been thought the game has been in development for a while, thanks to some marketing posters. Turned out they did “not represent any new Hitman game,” publisher Square told VG247.

The posters did show a 2011 date, which was further backed up by a Eurogamer report. Christmas 2011, to be exact.

We’ll give Square Enix a buzz on Monday.

1. osric90

I love Hitman, SHAME they work so badly in PS2… WE NEED HITMAN Trilogy (2, Contracts and Blood Money) in PS3, we really do… At least only 2 and Blood Money but or AT LEAST, LEAST, Blood Money. Hitman versions for PS2 suffered so many glitches, bugs and pretty bad graphics… PLEASE, HITMAN FOR PS3!!! I feel so angre thinking 360 has Blood Money and doesn’t because of the PS2.

2. Bikki

Praise the almighty.

3. Anders

Finally!

4. S0meRand0mN00b

my reaction O.O … yeaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

5. cookiejar

Fuck yeah.

6. spiderLAW

ive played all the hitmans….they were just OK to me. Good enough to play through 1 time each

7. onlineatron

Only ever played Hitman: Contracts… but I loved it.

Can’t wait to see 5.

8. Moonwalker1982

Awesome news. Blood Money was absolutely fantastic, such an amazing atmopshere in all those levels and i loved the variety on how you could do this.

Hitman 1 was amazing, the second a bit less in my book, contracts was so so, but Blood Money was right back at it. I’ve been hoping for something new on Hitman 5 now, cause the Kane & Lynch stuff was getting too much. And those ain’t even really good games in my opinion. They really need to get back with Hitman.

9. Samuel

Well now we know why, in the following game, Hitman will have a different voice.

10. Moonwalker1982

Hahaha, because he didn’t keep his silence about a upcoming new Hitman game? I surely hope not…the voice was perfect.

11. OrbitMonkey

*puts on red tie & grabs rubber duck* Go do some free running Enzio Daddys back :D

12. DonnerKebab

This has such potential for greatness.

13. Gekidami

Made by the same guys that did Kane & Lynch right? …Mmmm’eah, i’ll pass.

14. AHA-Lambda

a new hitman? Praise be ;_;

15. GwynbleiddiuM

me likes it, me likes his shiny head, me likes him be da one who ends us suffering… of not hasing a bald assassin in I life.

16. Isaaclarke37

The wait will be over soon.