Civ V Mongol and Babylonian DLC launching next week

Monday, 18th October 2010 20:50 GMT By Justin Kranzl

civilization-v-wallpapers-03-700x523

PC gamers will get a chance at being a little more civilized next week, with 2K Games confirming today that two DLC packs are on the way.

One will be free: the Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack “calls for the strongest leaders to ride with Genghis Khan and his Mongol horsemen to establish the largest continuous land empire ever seen”.

The other – the Babylonian Civilization Pack – will sell for $4.99. The Babylonian pack was previously only available to players who bought the Civilization V Digital Deluxe edition, and puts you in the sandals of King Nebuchadnezzar II.

The packs are scheduled to be released through digital distribution channels only on October 25.

1. Erthazus

Nahh… I’m won like 4 CIVs for only one nation and i’m fine with it.

2. Grimrita

it would be nice if they fixed the crappy AI and game play first.

3. OlderGamer

With all of the mods out there adding in new civs and leaders, why would I want to pay 5usd for just one?

4. Grimrita

I totally agree OG.

This has been the first and last Civ game I get. Totally unimpressed with it.

5. DemonSpawn

Annoying, all these DLC is just to milk our money, the civs before had proper addons instead of these small ones that should have been included from the beginning.

Fix the AI and gameplay!

6. OlderGamer

After clocking in a good 200hours on this game, I can honestly say that Civ iv is a far better game. I still have hope for V, after all, I am comparing Civ IV and its expansions/updates/patches to a launch once patched Civ V version.

Its just that Sid M does a bit of an EA here. In that they give you less game then your used to playing in the intrest of giving you a new game. Civ IV has so much content, so many Leaders and Civs, and is so flexible with what you can do and how you can play. Next to that this launch of V feels shallow and empty.

Personialy, as for DLC, I think I will keeping moding and just wait for a full on expansion. I bet they box the DLC in that too.

All that being said, I LOVE the new hex map thingie. Amazing tactical gameplay comes out of that. If I could somehow mix that into Civ IV(one unit per hex/range attacks/support healing etc), I would have a near perfect game of Civ.