Rumor: Rockstar San Diego working on “mind blowing” new project

Tuesday, 12th October 2010 22:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

rockstar sand

Rumor has it Rockstar San Diego, those behind the cracking good Red Dead Redemption, are working on a new project set to “blow gamers away”.

Now, before you get too excited over it being Midnight Club or more RDR DLC, according to AllAboutTheGames, who are privy to this juicy nugget, it’s something entirely new and will likely use the Rage engine since it created it and was used for GTA IV.

Of course, there’s no word on what the title is and it’s likely Rockstar will remain tighter than a duck’s ass regarding information on it until it’s damn good an ready. Still, if the San Diego end is truly working on something new, it will be something to take notice of. Fact.

Like Rockstar would be working on anything less than mind blowing anyway. Well, maybe something where you can blow minds out of heads or something.

Be a dear and hit the link for more information.

1. Erthazus

Rockstar always working on the mind-blowing projects :D

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 i called it right here first.

2. No_PUDding

Red Dead easily being my Game of the Year, means I am obligated to be excited.

3. Erthazus

“use the Rage engine ”

Expect shitty PS3 port… hurrah!

4. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Agreed!

@2 Agreed!

5. Razor

@3 Agreed!

:P

6. DSB

I DISAGREE! YES! YOU HEARD ME! SHOCK AND AWE!

Red Dead Redemption was a fine game though, it did a lot of things really well, but it just didn’t hit the spot for me. I couldn’t make myself like the characters, and it seemed like it had been in production for maybe a few months too long (when you put a full poker game in there – You got some time to spend).

I miss the San Andreas/Bully days. Actually the Vice City/Bully days. That was some quality mischief. Today it’s all serious and realistic, where’s the fun and chaos?

I think my game of the year is… Minecraft A 1.12.01 (It counts, yes it does!)

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

“and will likely use the Rage engine since it created it and all for GTA IV”

huh?

8. Stephany Nunneley

@7 Oooopps. I love the laptop delay on my paste and delete. It should have been more or less this:”….developed the Rage engine which is used “in almost all Rockstar Games” and GTA IV”

There. :D

9. Blerk

Well, I’ll be interested in anything these guys do after Red Dead. Unfortunately it’ll probably be about five years before we get to see it based on past performance. :-|

Whatever happened to Bully 2? It was rumoured ages ago and then…. nowt.

10. AHA-Lambda

@6 – agreed

a fine game indeed but omg the hyperbole…one of the most overrated games i’ve ever played

11. Crysis

Is it Agent? If not, who the fuck is working on it & why haven’t we heard a damn thing for over a year?!

12. Blerk

Agent is supposed to be Rockstar North, isn’t it?

13. AHA-Lambda

yeah this aint agent

14. No_PUDding

Red Dead Redemption is without a doubt a visual marvel.

It will do nothing for someone looking for a game with strong mechanic drive.

Red Dead Redemption is a true action adventure, in the Zelda inspired sense. That acts as the vessel for a superb cast of characters and and even more astoundingly realised time and place.

And before I dismiss it as anything more than a virtual tour of the 1911 West Coast, let me reiterate the comparison to Zelda. The ambient missions see to it, that the world has context and reason to be explored. The random encounters and eco-system adds flavour. And the story carves a path through it all.

And for a person such as me, I doubt it will be surpassed anytime soon… If it weren’t for the Last Guardian, I wouldn’t even see a glimmer of competition.

15. No_PUDding

I desperately want to see anything from Rockstar, so I hope we see Agent soon.

16. Erthazus

@Crysis, Agent – Rockstar North game.

17. Crysis

@12, i honestly don’t remember, all i remember was “Agent”, PS3 Exclusive” & “Rockstar”
    -Edit- looked it up, yes it’s being developed by R* North.

18. Erthazus

@Crysis, + it’s in development since 2007 year actually, but they announced in 2009.

19. YoungZer0

Something with Future or space-ships, kind of like Mass Effect 2, but more GTA-ish.

OR

Or more material to “Agent”.

20. PwnedHaxor

When is max Payne 3 coming???

21. osric90

Sandbox game coming.

22. Kuwabara

if la noire is releasing next year, and gta in 2012, agent has to be out in the middle. so im guessing a late 2012, early 2013 release for this game.

23. b163oi

@11 I’m with you, give us something!!

24. Herlock

Red Dead Revolution!

25. Blerk

“A new DLC for RDR like the ones we know from GTA IV. With new characters, more to explore, more to do.”

I’d actually be well up for that if it meant we got something sooner rather than later. There was plenty of space in the world to add some new things, and the GTA IV episodes were excellent!

26. Crysis

Ah, i loved Episodes of Liberty City, such an ingenious way of selling the same world through different eyes @ a lower price, it’s GTA IV+ best thing of all, it didn’t require GTA IV, so i’d be open to buying something along those lines, i just got bored of the main story of Red Dead 7 all too often just cluelessly roamed around hunting who/whatever i could, most the enemies in this game had nothing against the crimes i’ve done :D

27. Thalius

GTA is in the present, RDR is in the past maybe the next game will be set in the future lol

28. Bikki

Praise the almighty. I hope it’s RDR 2.

29. manamana

Mind blowing = manhunt 3. Simple as that.

30. Oct..

I don’t feel like playing a new RDR.. I just don’t
    GTA V is more welcomed

31. Kuwabara

Yead i’d love to see a propper manhunt 3, without the fucking censorship jumping in. Manhunt 1 is among the best games ever made!!

32. Fantastic

Rockstar is one of if not the single most over rated studio on the planet. Period.