The Force Unleashed 2 demo hits PSN and XBL next week

Tuesday, 5th October 2010 22:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

tfu2

Lucasarts has provided a date for its Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 demo on PSN and XBL.

It will land on both systems next week on October 12.

According tot he studio, the demo level focuses on the very beginning of the game in a secret cloning facility on the planet of Kamino.

Starkiller becomes tormented by the memories of his past and escapes to the planet with Vader hot on his trail.

Players will be able to try out Starkiller’s dual Lightsabers, along with the new Force power theJedi Mind Trick along with a taste of the journey that will take Starkiller across the Galaxy in search of “the truth behind his past, as well as the woman he cannot forget”.

Awwww. That be Juno Eclipse.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II releases on October 26 in the US and October 29 in the UK for DS, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360.

1. lexph3re

I lost interest in FU2 after they canceled the psp version, it was the only playable version to me. I’m too skeptical on buying this on the console especially if its as terrible to control as the first

2. Crysis

i too enjoyed the psp version

3. lexph3re

I just don’t get why they would cancel the psp version but keep the ds version. It can’t be to piracy because the ds has it worse then psp. Couple of my friends have the r4 for ds and over 30 games on a single sd card! That is ridiculous! I think that was just a bad move

4. AHA-Lambda

@3 – ds sells more than psp hardware wise?

i srsly cant think of anything else? O_o

5. lexph3re

See I think that’s the backing they have for shifting resident evil revelations and other games originally being made for psp to 3ds. All because possible harware sales. That doesn’t insure you that you’re game will sale! Most Ds owners don’t know anything outside of mario and pokemon let alone resident evil. Remember the remake of resident evil 1 on ds no one even new it existed!lol these devs are making dumb decisions on what platforms to release for. Yeah ds sold more then psp but the fans of your games are on the psp. I’m not migrating to another console for 1 dang game I have to have 5-10 exclusives on that console that I would want before I purchase it….

*sigh* it sucks being a gamer right now….

6. YoungZer0

I already know this game will have the same negative feature that the first one had: Useless Lightsaber. Seriously, we love the lightsaber because it can cut people in half. Why the fuck do i have to hit a normal stormtrooper 5 times in order to kill him?

I know it would make the player even more overpowered, but then you just could change the difficulty.

I’ll try the demo anyway.

7. freedoms_stain

@6, maybe they’re all wearing Cortosis armour :p

Anyhoo, if they’ve fixed the targeting system the game will play at least 2x better than TFU.

8. M2Kx

Yeah! Loved the first one, gonna love the second :X

9. Gadzooks!

I loved every minute of TFU, especially loved the dark forces vibe in some levels. Not sure where the wonky control comments come from, my copy controlled just fine!

Very much looking forward to TFU2.