EA compensating APB buyers with free game

Monday, 27th September 2010 14:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

apb6

Had APB? Disgruntled? Step up and get your game from EA! That is if you bought the game digitally.

EA’s compensating owners of APB by offering a free game out of a choice of several titles including Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, The Saboteur and more.

The publisher distributed and published the game via EA Partners.

The offer only applies to those who had bought the RealTime Worlds MMO from Steam.

For those who had bought the game on disc, there’s no word yet on refunds or anything similar like those who had bought the MMO on Steam.

APB closed earlier this month after RTW went into administration in August.

Thanks, SavyGamer.

1. Captain Fruitloop

2. DSB

Good service. Fuck knows you’re better off with Dragon Age: Origins than APB.

Or the Saboteur, in case you want a decent open world game to replace the godawful one you bought.

3. guapo

@2 how was Saboteur? I recently saw it for like $25 but i didn’t grab it as i was unsure of it’s quality.

4. spiderLAW

Saboteur was okay. It is a decent enough game to play through while you have nothing else to play. It was a little too slow for my taste. The action was way too far apart and some of the sneaking gameplay just wasn’t fluid enough. It felt like Mercenaries 2(mechanics and graphics wise) mixed with Assassin’s Creed.
    I would pick ME2 or BFBC2 out of EA’s line up

5. Callum

Thats actually not a bad deal concidering. Good job EA.

6. DSB

@2 I haven’t played Mercenaries 2, but with regards to the unanimously shit reviews it gathered, I’d say The Saboteur is better.

It got bad reviews for being rough and unpolished, but personally it’s probably the open world game I’ve spent the most time with since San Andreas.

If you can live without a decent story, and you can stand the horrible characters, then it’s a very good action game. For me at least, it never got tiring to sneak into villages and just blow the whole German company holding it to smithereens.

I’d pick that or DA:O.

@4 There was action all around dude. German guardposts all over the place, you just had to seek it out :P

7. Quiiick

@ spiderLAW
    IMHO “Saboteur” was more than just okay! I had more fun playing this game than ME2.

@ spiderLAW
    Yes, “Saboteur” reminded me a lot of “GTA: San Andreas”.

8. spiderLAW

I did and i would clean out the enemies within 20 seconds of the alarm sounding off and then i would wait there for 2 minutes before more guards came and i would be rid of them even faster. Then i would go around looking for more and it just took to long and the action was weak. I can see how some people would enjoy it though. Just didnt fit my taste.

9. spiderLAW

Thats great! i’m glad you enjoyed it!
    I still have it….maybe i should start a new game and give it a go again….maybe.

10. DSB

I think you should give it a whirl spider.

It was a huge surprise to me, because it was getting slammed in the press, but I had loads of fun with it. A true open world game full of chaos.

And I had no problem getting major alerts on my ass throughout :P Plenty of action there, especially when the resistance starts setting up chokepoints.