13-minute Civilization V walkthrough explains an awful lot

Friday, 17th September 2010 12:04 GMT By Debabrata Nath

civilizationv3

Want a 13-minute long video walkthrough of Civ V? Sure you do. Get it after the break.

The movie gives you a detailed impression on what the game has on offer, and explains various new features such as the switch from the strategy game’s traditionally square tiles to hexagons.

Civilization V, developed by Firaxis, is the latest game in the long running Civilization series. It releases internationally on September 24 and in NA on September 21.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. OlderGamer

Thank you, good read indeed. I have so many reservations about this game, and I bet I am one of, if not the biggest, fans on the site.

2. Cavalier

Two hours of dev playthrough up on ustream.

3. DSB

The more I see, the better it gets.

I’m not gonna see my brother for a month, that’s for sure. He’s one of those Civ geeks who plays team games on highest difficulty, where they aren’t allowed to take any cities by force, and then 5 supernerds have a go at each turn, writing a report on what they did for the next guy. Bonkers.

I love the added complexity of combat and empire building. Not to mention the Bismarck quotes plastered all over the promos on Steam.

Gimme.

4. NinjaMidget

Great video, really want a better computer to play this properly, Civ IV was fantastic, this could be ten times better!

5. Grimrita

For someone who is an RTS fan, I havent really touched this series. With some of my favourite games becoming more and more crap, I might take this and try something new

6. OlderGamer

This game is so much better then a RTS. IMO, anyways. It has so many layers, and so much depth that it couldn’t be played in real time. It would be imposible. This isn’t about cranking out troops at top end speed to zerg your enimies.

This game is about creating history.

When your ready to move beyond the RTS stuff, step up to a game of Civ.

7. Grimrita

@ 6 maybe I should have rephrased what I said but you kinda summed it up!

Its def on my shopping list for this week.

8. XDamage

Demo is out on Steam!

It isn’t being advertised yet, but it’s there. I’m downloading it now. :)
    Just paste steam://install/65900 into your web browser, and open the link in steam.

9. OlderGamer

Ha!

44% here too. Can’t wait, I am so excited lol.

10. DSB

Already preloaded, borrowed a VPN, unlocked. Beautiful :D

11. OlderGamer

Excelent game, fair demo. Much Love.