Walmart taking pre-orders for ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection

Saturday, 11th September 2010 14:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

shadowofthecolossus

Walmart sure is on a roll. After outing a “possible” sequel to MAG, today it’s listing the long rumored ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Blu-ray collection for PS3.

In fact, it’s even taking pre-orders.

According to the pre-order page, the collection will run you $39.82, which is not bad for a Blu-ray disc with two well-loved games on it.

Sony has yet to announce the collection, but worldwide bossman Shuhei Yoshida told Joystiq at E3 the company was “very aware” for such a collection, and plans to release more HD collections after the God of War and Sly offerings.

VG247 was told back in May, in a very shady way we might add, the collection was indeed coming and TSA was told it would arrive during Q1 2011. Amazon France even posted the collection up back in June, citing a June 2011 release.

Walmart has it down for April 1, fittingly enough.

We’ll mail Sony about this, but remember, it’s Saturday, so we’ll likely not get a response until Monday.

In the meantime, keep dreaming the dream.

Via Kotaku.

1. ExclusivesMostly

Good find Steph!
    I think they’ll announce it at TGS, not sure about MAG 2 though.

2. The_Red

Awesome. Hopefully they’ve fixed the frame-rate issues with Shadow so that along with HD resolution, it can be a true PS3 game.
    God I want this NOW!

3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Thanks! I ’bout had a heart attack honestly.

4. Gekidami

Wonder if Sony will release this straight away or wait and have a Last Guardian Trilogy Edition like they did with GoW3.

5. No_PUDding

There’s a bit of fuss going on at NeoGAF talking about framerate.

Without a doubt, there’s some merit to a 30fps over 60fps, but you can tell a BAD framerate anywhere.

60fps can look like amateur footage, but 30fps looks cinematic. We can’t ignore these standing paradigms of motion picture.

6. Gekidami

^ Hum?

7. Happy Hardon Harry

Probably only one of a couple of reasons to own a PS3, that and the Uncharted series…

8. Erthazus

@7 and LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 and Infamous and Infamous 2 and Demon’s Souls and The Last Guardian and Flower and Metal Gear Solid 4 and …

Go figure.

9. metamorphic

This news is orgasmic. As others have said, this likely hints at a TGS reveal from Sony, as has been rumored for ages by the Japanese press. With the Last Guardian, Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) 5 and more details on Ni no Kuni, Disaster Report 4 and several others, I cannot wait.

@Happy Hardon Harry
    I guess you don’t know much about games or follow news. Stop kidding yourself.

10. Happy Hardon Harry

@8 and 9

Don’t kid yourself’s, most of the exclusives on PS3 (and 360 for that fact) are extremely mediocre. That’s the thing about fanboys of both systems, they think every exclusive on their platform is great, when in fact most are shit and extremely average.

Also, The Last Guardian, you know this is going to be good how? Just because it’s being developed by team Ico? Don’t be so fucking naive!

11. Gekidami

PC fanboys, ignore them.

12. Happy Hardon Harry

that’s a very classy reply, i bet it took you ages to think that one up…simpletons

13. itsucks

@12 reply. ha ha owned.

14. Erthazus

@10 It’s because it’s going to be developed by Fumita Ueda, not because of Team Ico. This guy is brilliant and very smart, creative. His vision on this game is incredible.
    Small teaser from the E3 2009 showed a glimpse of his creative ideas with the little boy and the creature. Personally i liked it.

I agree that exclusives can be shit and average and also i disagree with you on that. Exclusives are a Deus Ex Machine of the consoles in most cases. They are extremely important to the consumers. If exclusives sucks, no one buys console. Exclusives first of all are Games. Games from the developers that can make multiplatform titles with one exception: It is a Deus Ex Machine for the one particular console with big budget from a console manufacturer.

PS3 have enough of these amazing titles. + i’m in love with Epic Games (PC developers only in the past) the creators of Gears Of War 2-3 series (Gears Of war 1 sucks ass).

15. orakaa

@ Happy Hardon Harry
    Because saying that “most exclusives on PS3 are extremely mediocre” is a “classy”, well thought and deep answer for you ? With you treating anyone listing good games on this system a “fanboy” ?

I owned the 3 systems (Wii, 360 and PS3). Now I only have a Wii and PS3 (360 got RROD and as it is out of warranty, I’m not gonna pay for another one). There are pros and cons for each system, even if I tend to prefer my PS3 (personal choice and I respect other’s choices).

I have LOVED ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, and if you ENJOYED those 2 games, there are reasons to expect Last Guardian to be AS GOOD (now you could not like this game and that would be your right).

But calling “mediocre” games like Flower, MGS4, Uncharted, Killzone 2, Demon’s Soul, etc. is being objective to you ?
    You call people “fanboys” but you think this attitude is not acting like one ?

16. Bikki

@10 So you think that Gears of War, Gears of War 2, God of War 3, MGS 4, infamous, killzone 2, halo reach,splinter cell conviction, fable 2 and many other exclusives are mediocre?

17. Happy Hardon Harry

Yeah, i’ve been gaming 24 years and in that time have obviously played a lot of games. None of those games you mention rocked my world. I’ve played a thousand other games before like them, they do nothing that deserves a Blue Peter Badge and a balloon.

I just think this industry can be doing better than just blowing shit up/mindlessly killing stuff. There’s far too many games like that today.

I just want more from my games, both from a intellectual and originality level…

18. orakaa

@17 : if YOU don’t like those games, that’s your right and I think anybody can understand that.
    Now calling those games “mediocre” just because YOU don’t like them and calling anybody who don’t agree with you “fanboy” is abusive.

I’m 33 years old, and have started playing videogames around the same time as you (on MSX and NES)… and that is no excuse to be arrogant or call people “fanboys” in a pejorative way just because they like something I don’t.

I loved video games in the past. Now there are things that I miss and new things I like.

19. osric90

I hope this is tru because as I said, I sold my old PS2 games to get this one trusting the destiny.
    For fanboys, I respectfully said “fuck you, you don’t have two of the best game in history…live with it. And without Uncharted, MGS2, 3, 4, Tekken Tag, 4, 5, God of Wat (Collection, yes) and III (wowowow) and a ton more. Bye byeeeeeee.

20. Galactic_Barret

@17 I don’t understand your logic. Since you’ve played games with similar concepts before, over 24 years of gaming, they are no longer great games? Are you really saying that any game, barring new concepts, are mediocre? Thats really foolish. Why, you shouldn’t even be playing games with the amount of ‘Boom, Bang, Pow!’ going on. How have you stayed sane through this gen? Living in past?

Can you please elaborate on that? The whole intellectual/originality spiel sounded nice until you wrote off a few games as ‘mediocre’ that do exactly that.

21. Callum

I thought Uncharted and Uncharted 2 were mediocre. I didn’t even finish the second one because I got bord. That’s my opinion on those games. It shouldn’t offend anyone! Jeebus!

Should I be looking up vids of this “Shadow of the Colosus” I think it completely skipped my radar and I’ve not heard of it!

22. Telepathic.Geometry

Yeah it’s pretty good man.

23. Bleak Harvest

My body is ready.

24. 2plus2equals5

April 1? :D

25. LOLshock94

gayboy harry does have a point most of them are medicore but they are all very good exept LBP and mod racer are some shit

26. Kuwabara

yes callum!! shadow is the most epic game ever made!!

27. Callum

Jesus fucking christ im watching some videos on youtube and they are INSANE!

Is it Ps3 only?

28. Callum

hold the phone. THATS A PS2 GAME ?!!!?!?!?!?!?

thats INCREDIBLE. Im buying right now.

29. Michael O’Connor

HHH has apparently never heard of a thing called personal taste.

I’ve been gaming 23 years (one less year than you), bought almost every single major format since the Amstrad CPC 464. But unlike yourself, I can say that I haven’t become cynical and dulled by the creativity and inspiration that continues to drive the industry forward.

The reason we can trust The Last Guardian to be a very good game is because it is being led and developed by a man with an already admirably track record, creating the kind of game he creates best.

There is always the chance it *could* turn out bad, but the man isn’t exactly an amateur, and we have confidence is his skills to create a great experience.

Callum: Yup, PS2 game. Still one of the most epic gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

30. Freek