EU PlayStation Move ads feature all kinds of stuff

Friday, 10th September 2010 14:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

move9

But no Kevin Butler, sadly.

Sony’s released the two TV ads for PlayStation Move in the UK, which will begin airing in the run-in to its launch next week.

The first spot features the controller “at its best,” with games like Sports Champions and The Fight.

The second clip focuses on the social aspect of it, with SingStar Dance and Start the Party.

Get them both below.

Move launches next Wednesday in Europe, and next Friday in the US.

Thanks, EU PS Blog.

1. NoxNoctisUmbra

Its a win. Its cheaper over the Xbox Natal, and its more flexible. Not to mention it has better 1:1 tracking, and offers wide vararity of games, from family pet and puzzle games to RTS and FPS. It costs the same as the Wii Motion controllers so people will spend the money for 1-2 controllers with ease.
    Natal is 150 bucks, needs this HUGE fucking camera on top or bottom of TV and so far can use only two people at a time, not to mention it has no hardcore games for it. A if you want family games pick up a wii.

2. Crysis

meh, don’t get why they just couldn’t show the Kevin Butler ads in North America, Europe & Oceania, we all have different tastes in humour, but it’s not that different, would have been cheaper for SCE as a whole too

3. DrDamn

So the US gets Kevin Butler and we get this?

4. Blerk

The cheapest solution is to buy neither. I believe this also to be the ‘best’ solution. :-)

5. NoxNoctisUmbra

yeah Kevin butler is more for medi core to hardcore crowd, these commercials specifically target family and new to gaming people. I like it but Butler is the man with commercials.

@5 Some people hate it some love it. Not everyone will buy it. Many people got a turn off with the wii because they HAD to use the controller for most of their games. With PS3 only games that you will have to is those quick games, while hardcore games you have both options. So I think its a great buy to try something new.

I really cant wait for KZ3 and MAG FPS with MOVE. MGS4 Subsistence anyone with the move?

6. StolenGlory

“Yes I am a fanboy because you have to be a dumb-ass in this case not to be one. Look at the facts and you will see it yourself.”

This I applaud. Finally someone actually admits to being a fanboy and not trying to bullshit their way out of their arguments by saying ‘I’m not a fanboy but….’.

+1 to you sir.

7. Erthazus

@4 word :D

8. Danlord

The Playstation Move will be the best choice this holiday season for parents choosing between Kinect and Move. It simply has every angle covered in market penetration and technical specifications that you would come to expect from a quality product.
    I really like the Kinect, I really do but Microsoft’s execution on it seems rushed and taking while they’re capitalising on full body fitness and dance ‘games’ I don’t see this technology taking the consumer experience further, whereas Move I do.

Yeah I’m a Sony fanboy too, I have an Xbox 360 but I stopped playing it entirely when they stopped offering me something worth my time, Project Gotham racing 4 and Dead Rising will always be my favourite 360 games.

9. Komond_Deckard

In Spain we have an ad with Pau Gasol, if someone interested in basketball wants to watch it:

10. Yoshi

Something is missing… hmmm OHH YEHH! Kevin Butler!

11. 2plus2equals5

Not bad(the first girl of the second video is beautiful!), but they have to show more gameplay… and kevin butler! :D

12. _LarZen_

Cant wait to get this next week! And I pitty the people that cant afford it, get a job?

13. Psychotext

Most of them still have two…

14. NeoSquall

I’d gladly trade the cheap ass actor who makes the PS ads in Italy for Kevin Butler.
    Really I don’t want to see another horrible ad by that actor after I’ve seen THE KB dressed as a Viking, lol.