UK to miss out on Mafia II Collector’s Edition for PC

Friday, 6th August 2010 19:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

mafia II

2K has said UK will miss out on the PC version of the Mafia II Collector’s Edition.

The news was broken to Eurogamer by a 2K spokesperson, with no explanation offered, but the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will still be released.

Inside the Collector’s Edition is a hardcover art book, the game’s soundtrack, and more.

The full list of goodies can be found here. Select UK retailers will also offer  free downloadable content for CE pre-orders  in the form of two luxury cars and two suits.

Still, it’s not all doom and gloom for PC users – there’s always the Digital Deluxe Edition of Mafia II available through select retailers and Steam.

Pre-orders are still being accepted for both the standard and Collector’s Edition, which will hit retail on August 24 in the US and Europe August 27.

1. LePlatypus

The UK isn’t Europe. It’s in Europe but it isn’t Europe

2. Hunam

What he said. When people say europe, they mean the continent, not the foggy isles.

3. Stephany Nunneley

Okay okay okay. I get it. The US is not “North America” either, just like South Africa is not “Africa”. I got yelled at by a guy from South Africa for calling him an African once.

Anyway, the title was totally wrong anyway. Some European countries will still get the PC CE, just not the UK. So I changed it. Sorry. I am punishing myself now, and no you can’t watch :p

4. Grimrita

*crosses this off the shopping list*
    Not because I give a rats arse about a crappy collectors edition, but simply because 2k are kicking the PC gamer right in the bollocks.

5. DeSpiritusBellum

@3 I feel for you. Semantic minefields and national pride. In Scandinavia we just call everywhere else shit. It keeps things simple.

Do you know if the deluxe items (not the pics and junk) are gonna be part of a DLC scheme? That pack seems totally crap, but just in case the game is totally epic, one might wanna geek out all the content.

*edit* Reading up on it, it sounds a lot like regular DLC. I’m guessing they want to sell that.

6. Isometric

To be honest the PC special editions weren’t that great. Better off with the Steam version as it gives you the most overall. If you solely care about DLC then you’re missing out on the bigger picture.

7. Crysis

i dont normally care for custom editions & such, i get the game for the game, not all the extra unnecessary nic-nacs, just not my kind of thing, maybe if it adds something extra to the game play, I’d consider getting it, but most are just nic-nacs to look @ once then ignore for the rest of your life