Netflix PS3 will no longer require a disc by October

Thursday, 22nd July 2010 04:56 GMT By Nathan Grayson

netflix

Old, antiquated discs? With steaming media? You might as well be shoving a book into your PS3.

No more, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said in a recent earnings call.

“Before our next [earnings] call in October, we expect to be launching a major new version of our Sony PS3 user interface which doesn’t require a disc, and is dynamically updated continuously with the latest Netflix UI improvements.”

Yeah, uh, Netflix disc? Jeez, this is awkward. Um, your services won’t be needed anymore. Aww man, don’t look at us like that! Ok, fine. A new position down in our Frisbee department just opened up. How’s that sound? Just a word of warning, though: you might get buried by a dog. Great gig otherwise, though.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Kuwabara

Great news. if only theyd bring this service to Australian ps3s !!

2. frostquake

Thank the MOVIE GODS, that I don’t have to do this anymore!!!! I’ve been using Netflix on my Xbox, because I don’t have to slip in that silly disc. I always have to penetrate my PS3 and Wii with those silly disc’s…Now Nintendo….See PS3 doesn’t require penetration anymore, so Wii, I am waiting!!!

3. The_Deleted

Steaming media..?

4. Crysis

Yeh, heaps wish Australia got a little more love

5. Yoshi

@2 You like the word penetrate way too much. :P

6. frostquake

@ 5 Maybe I should have used Insertion or access, barge in, bayonet, blow in, bore, break in, breeze in, bust in, charge, come, crack, diffuse, drill, drive, eat through, encroach, enter, filter in, force, get in, go through, gore, impale, infiltrate, ingress, insert, insinuate, introduce, invade, jab, knife, make a hole, make an entrance, pass through, percolate, perforate, permeate, pervade, pop in, prick, probe, puncture, ream, run into, saturate, seep, sink into, spear, stab, stick into, suffuse, thrust, trespass

ROFL…. Trespass is kind of cool?

7. Yoshi

Haha maybe you can infiltrate your PS3 and Wii but then PS3 doesn’t require the force anymore.

8. Axelander

Now let’s hope the same for the Wii

9. AHA-Lambda

good now bring it to the uk (or lovefilm do something similar! >_>)

10. ExclusivesMostly