NPD has released the top 20 software sales chart for June 2010, and games for Nintendo systems destroyed the competition, with the largest percent of titles on the list.
Eleven titles in the top 20 were for either DS or Wii, including games released on all formats, with eight games in total published by Nintendo.
Six of the top ten best-selling games of June were included Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Just Dance on Wii, Toy Story 3 on DS, Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board, and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 on Wii.
Other than having Red Dead Redemption, the best selling title of the year so far, at number one on the chart, Xbox 360 had a total of five games for the system in the top 20, none of which were exclusive to the system.
Only three titles on the entire list were available on PS3, those being Red Dead Redemption, UFC 2010: Undisputed, and 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa.
The 11-20 are posted below, courtesy of Gamasutra:
- Red Dead Redemption (360) – 582.6K
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)– 548.4K
- Red Red Redemption (PS3) – 380.3K
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)– 200.9K
- Just Dance (Wii)– 174.8K
- Wii Fit Plus (Wii) – 148K (per Nintendo)
- Toy Story 3 (DS) – 164K (per Nintendo)
- UFC 2010: Undisputed (360) – 148K (per Microsoft)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Wii) – 136K (per Nintendo)
- UFC 2010: Undisputed (PS3)
- Pokemon: SoulSilver (DS)
- Transformers: War for Cybertron (360) – 132K (per Microsoft)
- New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
- Modern Warfare 2 (360)
- 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa (360)
- 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa (PS3)
- Mario Kart w/Wheel (Wii)
- Pokemon HeartGold (DS)
- Toy Story 3 (Wii)
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii)