Killzone 3 videos show air raids and jetpacks

Thursday, 8th July 2010 20:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

killzone3

Guerrilla has released E3 gameplay videos for Killzone 3 showing off melee and jetpack goodness.

Watch the lot below.

The first one shows a squad making a assault on a Helghast prison, and it looks to be a harrowing air raid indeed.

A second video demonstrates the Brutal Melee System in action, by showing the player beating a Helghast in the face with the butt of his rifle before sticking a knife in its throat. Awesome.

Last, and certainly not least, you get to see some leaping action as a player goes airborne with a Helghast jetpack.

It’s all very cool, no doubt. Killzone 3 is slated for PS3 sometime in February 2011.

The latest screens for it were posted earlier in the week.

1. KAP

Sorry but i really like killzones gritty visuals, and tight gameplaym so much better then Halos overdone plasma-gun-100clips-before-they-die-gameplay… nah thanx

2. El_MUERkO

That’s ok then, just as long as you’re sorry.

3. cookiejar

Looks mighty mighty good.

4. spiderLAW

looks fucking Ace!

5. Patrick Garratt

/concurs

Very excited about this.

6. spiderLAW

Damn im gonna be a busy guy come Spring. Killzone 3 and Gears 3 being released back to back!! FFFFUUUUUPPPPP!!!!!

7. LePlatypus

I’m looking forward to Erthazus’ criticism on this but anyway it’s looking good, even if theydon’t add much to it from killzone 2 i’ll still get it

8. Robo_1

Looking swish, the jet packs look as if they bring a good bit of variety to the combat.

9. threadzilla

@ 7 hilarious comment

10. Gadzooks!

Looks very pretty, but I’ll be interested when there is confirmation that it plays nothing like Killzone 2.

Respawning enemies, stodgy controls, terrible acting and plot and predictable setpieces will all need to be addressed.

The potential for a great game is there, Guerilla just need to focus less on the tech and more on the gameplay and atmoshpere.

11. reask

I liked the jetpack sequence but tbh KZ2 was a little bit disappointing for me so I will read all the reviews on this before buying.

Funny thing is KZ2 was one of my main reasons for getting the PS3 having read glowing reviews for it and whilst it was not a bad game by any standards I just got bored after a while and was thinking how much better it could have been.

The graphics were spot on, the guns felt realistic but it just went nowhere for me.
    Having witnessed what ND done with UC2 I hope guerilla go the same way although I enjoyed UC1 more than KZ2.

Just to go off topic here has anyone else been getting no games found on KZ2 multiplayer?
    I had no problems a couple of months ago getting into games but the last few times I tried I just get no games found no matter what I try.
    I got the DLC pack having signed up to plus but still the same.
    Just wondering is it isolated or more widespread.
    Done a thread a while back on the PS forums but no joy really.

12. reask

@ 10.
    Great minds think alike or fools seldom differ. :)
    You seem to have the same opinion as me.
    Great possibilities unfilled.

13. ExclusivesMostly

Day 0 purchase, no that’s not a typo :) :) :) :) :)

14. spiderLAW

@ 13
    sigh…

15. xino

the Air Raid gameplay is SO POORLY designed!
    the farking gun doesn’t even cool down:/

16. cookiejar

@15 – Don’t forget this is pre-alpha code, and was in the E3 demo god mode – ie: unlimited ammo and what not. The final game may be different.

17. Dannybuoy

It looks rad to the power of sick. I canne wait for this. In the words of the mighty Chuck D “if you don’t like it, get the fuck outta Dodge”

18. DrDamn

Looks nice enough – some nice upscaling of environments from KZ2. I’d like to see more of the free form levels from KZ2 – sniper level for example – where you feel less funneled down a particualr approach. I suspect it will go the CoD route where it’s all about the cinematic effect though.