Valkyria Chronicles II gets September 3 UK date

Friday, 2nd July 2010 15:39 GMT By Johnny Cullen

vcii

Pumped to the extreme. Sega’s announced that Valkyria Chronicles II will release in the UK on September 3.

The original VC launched on PS3 in the west back at the end of 2008, but the sequel will be appearing on PSP. Also changed is the watercolour style cut-scenes, with anime added instead.

If you haven’t played the first Valkyria Chronicles as yet, you really should. It’s fantastic stuff.

Sega also announced that Phantasy Star Portable 2 will release on September 17 for PSP, while Sonic Free Riders for Kinect will launch this fall.

Mint.

1. The Hindle

YAY

2. Johnny Cullen

P-P-P-Pumped.

3. StolenGlory

W-I-N.

4. The Hindle

Like Cullen said play this game if you want a rare JRPG thats amazing.

5. Psychotext

Wrong platform. FAIL.

6. OlderGamer

Too bad Phantasy Star Portable isn’t a console game.

I had been expecting an all in one type thing for PSU hitting the PS3 or even Wii this year or next. But thus far seems like nothing on that front. Prolly less risk making a handheld game.

Bummer.

7. Erthazus

This franchise is so underrated.

One of the best games on Playstation 3. If not the best game on PS3.

Because of not so much big marketing campaign behind it, this game sold for 1 million at best. Sony need to focus it’s marketing campaign on this game seriously and stop wasting money on Move heroes or other shit.

8. OlderGamer

While it might be true that the PS3 is king of the JP games, it may well also be true that western games drive sales.

Kind of like being the fastest runner in a pool party. Every one is swiming not sprinting. Wrong day and time is all.

Same problem, really, for Phantasy Star. Lest that game is basicly Diablo in space. But I feel your pain. PSU is a great game, and no one really cares. Same maybe true with VC.

9. DaMan

the king still didn’t get a western version of the only good (so far) jrpg this gen – ToV.

10. Peter D

Psycho — With all the PSP’s out in Japan though, don’t you think it’ll sell better than with a PS3 release? I feel like this game’s core audience is over in Japan and not in the West here. I loved this game and wish it was coming to PS3, but alas I’ll still pick it up for PSP.

11. loki

I want real part 2 for PS3

12. Psychotext

I’ve not doubt you’re right Peter, but that doesn’t stop me thinking that it’s a shit thing to do to those of us who supported the first game.