Rumor: Hulu also coming to PS3

Friday, 25th June 2010 05:19 GMT By Nathan Grayson

hululogo

A few weeks ago, the rumor mill was abuzz with word that popular streaming television service Hulu was gearing up to make the jump over to Microsoft’s Xbox 360. Now, it’s whirred to life again – this time suggesting Hulu’s in talks with Sony as well.

Perhaps Microsoft has a one-month exclusivity deal on rumors now?

Apparently, it’s only a few drops of cement away from being set in stone, too. Bloomberg reports the partnership could be announced as soon as next week.

From the sound of things, Hulu’s PS3 deal may end up resembling its rumored expansion into Xbox territory – subscription fee and all.

As is typical with these sorts of things, Sony and Hulu refused to comment. Which, in all likelihood, is exec speak for, “Oh yeah, it’s definitely happening, but we haven’t decided which type font to use on the press release yet.”

So yeah. Next week, then.

1. ivycrew707

Perhaps Microsoft has a one-month exclusivity deal on rumors now?…..very nice…but I hope its not browser based

2. Crysis

be smart if they included this as part of their PlayStation+ deal, since i doubt Microsoft will allow you to view it with an Silver Membership, sadly, no hulu in Australia, so unless they start supporting us, i couldn’t care less about hulu for now

3. HuntingJake

@2 by that logic, it would be smart if it was part of the free service, as that would attract people towards PSN and away from XBL.

4. ExclusivesMostly

@3: it will be available to ALL PSN members but it won’t be free. I read somewhere that it will cost $9.95 per month.

P.S. I won’t pay that. I already have my computer hooked up to my 40in Sony XBR Bravia so I can watch hulu etc on it already as opposed to the 17in computer monitor that came with it.

5. Rory

@4 The word on the street is that Hulu is going from free ad-supported to a paid model. You may have to pay either way to keep watching.