Naughty Dog creating PSP title, says CV

Thursday, 27th May 2010 10:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

naughtydog

Uncharted developer Naughty Dog is developing a PSP title, according to one LinkedIn profile.

The profile of Ben Weston shows he was working on a “TBA” action  title for the platform alongside Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune during his time at the studio: he now works at Rebellion.

May have this been, or could still be, Uncharted for PSP? Naughty Dog president Evan Wells said he’d have no problems in letting his studio doing it, but only if he couldn’t find a partner to do it first.

“I think it would be fantastic to see the game (move) onto a handheld system,” Wells said back at GDC in March. “Each one of the episodes is sort of like a standalone thing and I think we could do that pretty easily. If we can find a partner to work with, I’d love to do that … we definitely wouldn’t do it ourselves.

“But, if we can’t find a partner, then maybe we’re going to have to find a budget ourselves.”

Remind us, how long until E3 again?

Thanks, GameGuru.

1. Boris Fett

Uncharted: Drake’s Handheld Adventure!

2. McLovin85

Well if they manage to churn out a game that translates as good as the GOW serious did on PSP then it’s a definite purchase for me.

3. Erthazus

Sounds like a great idea. Sony started to support PSP that they should have done like 2 years ago.

4. Herlock

Erthazus
    They doing it almost like two years ;)

5. A4-F8

100% uncharted

6. Erthazus

@4 Well, for me great support started from announcement of Metal Gear Solid:Peace Walker. :D Can’t wait for that :)

7. cookiejar

Should be a PSP 2 title.
    What a game to launch it with.

8. DJ Deathstar

Ahh finally the rumours that have been going on for the past year should turn out to be true and this be Uncharted, Instant Buy if it is

9. Robo_1

Uncharted game for PSP2 launch, I’ll bet a bollock to the fact.

10. The1stMJC

Oh Snap I want either Chloe Raider or Sully’s Misadventures I believe we all wanna know why he took a hooker to church.

11. cookiejar

Could of been a false alarm after all. Hes now updated it and added this – Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier (PSP, High Impact Games, 2009)

So who knows, right?