Square Enix has announced its sold over 5.5 million units worldwide of Final Fantasy XIII in the company’s fiscal year ending March 31, 2010.
The RPG went on sale in Japan first just before Christmas last year, selling 1.85 million units. It later went on sale in early March of this year in the west, with the US outselling Europe by 1.79 million copies to the latter’s 1.77 million.
Square Enix confirmed the day after FFXIII’s launch in the west it had shipped 5 million units worldwide of the game.
The firm’s also confirmed Batman: Arkham Asylum has gone on to sell over 3.2 million units worldwide, while recently-released Just Cause 2 is nearing the 1 million mark, having sold 0.92 million units.
The information came out of the company’s full-year financials. Get that here.
Full breakdown below:
- Final Fantasy XIII – 5.55 million units
- Dragon Quest IX – 4.26 million units (Japan alone)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum – 3.24 million units
- Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days – 1.49 million units
- Dragon Quest VI – 1.29 million units
- Just Cause 2 – 0.92k units
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy – 0.82k units (Japanese LtD sales – 1.81 million units)
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep – 0.76k units
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.